Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel vs Foxtel now

Answered

Hi We have a Foxtel box and received full unlock for 3 months during COVID .Our usual package is Basics +sport. I want to know where to find what options are available to upgrade or  change packages and also want to know the pricing difference with Foxtel now and package options. 

Finding this information on the app or  online  is IMPOSSIBLE. The contact "help line" phone number does not assist and just sends an sms with a link to the App. Ironic and appalling that a telecommunications company is so bad at communication and is using its own  customer base to solve all the issues for them .
Seriously considering if any of this is worth continuing to pay for, as it is not cheap and to be left  in the dark about what we are paying for and what other options are available to us is unacceptable .

Can any one help or let me know how you were able to find out this information to help you make a decision on whether keeping Foxtel is worth the trouble?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel vs Foxtel now

You would get rid of the iQ box (as Foxtel Now is delivered through your internet connection), but you don't necessarily need a Foxtel Now box.

On my TV in the Loungeroom, I use a Telstra TV to view Foxtel Now. In the Home Theatre, my Smart TV (Samsung 2019 4K model) has the Foxtel Now app available, so I just watch it using the TV.

Note: you need to check out which channels are available on Foxtel Now to make sure all the ones you watch are available. Not all Foxtel channels are available on Foxtel Now.

For a cheaper option, there is also Binge (which is also operated by Foxtel). Go to Binge.com.au to check it out.

If you currently record on Foxtel, just be aware that recording is not available on Foxtel Now or Binge, but they do have On Demand services. You also cannot get FTA TV through Foxtel Now or Binge.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

The Foxtel from Telstra plans are here https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/foxtel-from-telstra

Foxtel Now plans are at https://www.foxtel.com.au/now/index.html?utm_source=foxtel_go_app&utm_medium=desktop_cta&utm_campaig...

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks , so FoxNow would require getting rid of iQ box and purchasing Fox now box? For $99? 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You would get rid of the iQ box (as Foxtel Now is delivered through your internet connection), but you don't necessarily need a Foxtel Now box.

On my TV in the Loungeroom, I use a Telstra TV to view Foxtel Now. In the Home Theatre, my Smart TV (Samsung 2019 4K model) has the Foxtel Now app available, so I just watch it using the TV.

Note: you need to check out which channels are available on Foxtel Now to make sure all the ones you watch are available. Not all Foxtel channels are available on Foxtel Now.

For a cheaper option, there is also Binge (which is also operated by Foxtel). Go to Binge.com.au to check it out.

If you currently record on Foxtel, just be aware that recording is not available on Foxtel Now or Binge, but they do have On Demand services. You also cannot get FTA TV through Foxtel Now or Binge.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit