Tezza52
Level 3: Gumshoe

Free Upgrade IQ2 to IQ4?

Recently upgraded from IQ2 to IQ4 which was a process in itself. Was told by 132200 that it would be free. Just received my Bill and have been charged $185. Why does Telstra say one thing and do the opposite. How much time do I have to spend to rectify another Telstra stuff up?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Free Upgrade IQ2 to IQ4?

Did you choose to go with the IQ4 rather than an IQ3? Did you get a Satellite dish installed? That is probably the install cost..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Tezza52

I was upgrading due to the On Demand feature being removed from IQ2 and was told that it was free. Very Annoying. The IQ4 is not as stable as IQ2 was which is another cause of frustration.

SteveW_52

I understand why you were upgrading, but haven't said if you were only offered the IQ4? and there was no mention of additional cost for the satellite dish in any of the information you received or read?

If so, then I would take steps via the My Telstra app, Get Help, blue chat icon to ask about why you have been charged for a 'free upgrade'..

If you 'chose' the IQ4 instead of an offered IQ3, then the charge could be legitimate...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Tezza52

I have Satellite and was never offered IQ3 only IQ4. I contacted 132200 who arranged the upgrade for "free". So there is no way that the charge is legitimate.

I will be going to the Ombudsman if the charge is not removed.

SteveW_52

Did you have satellite or did that come with the IQ4. Did you ask questions via the Support chat. If you go to the ombudsman you are better placed if you have evidence (you can take screenshots of your chat with the support people)..

Stevo 52
Toriee
Support Team
Support Team

There should be some notes in your account to confirm the offer to upgrade at no charge. Jump in to a chat with our billing team using your My Telstra app https://tel.st/vkyuf Once in the chat, the virtual assistant will ask you a few questions before asking a team member to contact you. More info about how that works here https://tel.st/kvxsz  

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JSR78
Level 2: Rookie

Tezza52 when you say the iq4 is not as stable as the iQ2, what exactly is happening? I’m about to upgrade from iQ2 to iQ4 as they say iQ3 is no longer available and your experience concerns me.

Tezza52

Hi  IQ2 was excellent ..very easy to navigate. Do not expect the same from IQ4. I find that it freezes and for a couple of minutes it will not do anything. A number of times I have had to reboot the box. I have been using it for more than a week and still encounter problems. I was happy with IQ2 and so far not impressed with IQ4. It is also fun doing the upgrade. 131999 I think was the number that provided the most help. Good luck.

JSR78
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks mate, do you also find the signal drops out on iQ4 more than iQ2?

Tezza52

I think it is the software because I have never experienced problems with the signal dropping out. The only thing that has changed in my case was the IQ box.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit