OhReally
Level 1: Cadet

HDMI cable 2.0

Answered

Have original IQ3 from start up and given very little problems and updating to IQ4 reading crowd support require HDMI 2.0 is required and foxtel cable will have blue ends. Looking at my foxtel cable the HDMI is completely navy blue. How will I know this cable is ready for IQ4 and 4K TV?

Thanks in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: HDMI cable 2.0

With great difficulty. The colour of the cable is completely irrelevant, it's just to make it look pretty.

You need to make sure that if you buy a new HDMI cable that it specifies a data transmission rate of 18GBits (14.4GBits Video Transfer Rate). This is the key aspect of the cable that you need to look for as the certification of HDMI cables actually forbids them from labelling them with the Version Number (which everyone realizes is stupid, but that's what they decided).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

With great difficulty. The colour of the cable is completely irrelevant, it's just to make it look pretty.

You need to make sure that if you buy a new HDMI cable that it specifies a data transmission rate of 18GBits (14.4GBits Video Transfer Rate). This is the key aspect of the cable that you need to look for as the certification of HDMI cables actually forbids them from labelling them with the Version Number (which everyone realizes is stupid, but that's what they decided).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

OhReally
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you Jupiter for your quick response.. I will source a cable with the info you provided.
regards OhReally

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit