JSR78
Level 2: Rookie

Help Please - iQ4 upgrade

Can anyone tell me if moving from Foxtel from Telstra IQ2 on HFC which also carries our Telstra cable broadband, and upgrading the Foxtel to IQ4 on satellite, will it cause any issues with my broadband via cable? Will I need new connection points in the wall for the satellite connection?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Help Please - iQ4 upgrade

The HFC will still provide your internet..  the IQ4 will have a satellite feed for live programs but also need a connection to the internet for other services..

The satellite dish cabling will appear on two new wall points (both on one plate) which will connect to the IQ4.  The dish installer will run the cable, terminate and connect them and do the initial setup.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
JSR78
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Stevo 52. Another question, does iQ4 only work with UHD TVs with HDMI 2.0 ports?

My TV is full HD but not UHD. I’m not sure if it has HDMI 2.0

SteveW_52

You can change the output resolution in the IQ4, I think it is automatic anyway.

I upgraded from a FHD to UHD (both Sony) set not long after the upgrade to IQ4..  had no issues  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit