Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Help with Foxtel from Telstra

I'm really confused right now.

I have had Foxtel from Telstra for about 5 years and have (what was) a basic Entertainment Package + Movies.  I get a bundle discount and I'm out of contract.

After having access to so many channels during Covid, I wanted to add the rest of the Entertainment channels (I think it's called Entertainment Plus) OR preferably I would like Foxtel from Telstra current package on their website for Entertainment and Movies at $50 / month.

This is what I'm not quite understanding.  I went to the Telstra store (franchise) this afternoon and was told they can't help with anything to do with Foxtel (except sign up new packages) and that I can't have the $50 Entertainment / Movies package as it's only for new customers.

I asked how I can make changes to my Foxtel and was told my best bet is to contact Foxtel directly.  

I've logged onto my Telstra account and can see where I could add the Entertainment Plus package onto my current packages, however I apparently can't do this here as I get a bundle discount.

Does any of this sound correct?  

Am I able to access a complete package of entertainment and movies and do I have to contact Foxtel or Telstra?

Appreciate any help of guidance as I am totally stuck right now.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Help with Foxtel from Telstra

It sounds like the plan you are on isn't compatible with the new offerings (so can't be altered online) and you will need to sign up to one of the new plans.

You could try calling 132200, or send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi tries to send you somewhere else, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred tot he queue to chat to a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Help with Foxtel from Telstra

Thank you for replying.

I was able to sort something out via the My Telstra app messaging system.  Took almost 24 hours and 4 different people but the change has just happened.

It shouldn't be this hard I feel.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit