Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

In Foxtel Go Chromecast icon not displayed

Have installed Foxtel Go app on my phone and was casting using chromecast but for some reason the chromecast icon has disappeared although still displays for Netflix and Stan.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: In Foxtel Go Chromecast icon not displayed

Have you subscribed to Multiscreen as part of your Foxtel service? Foxtel provided it for free up until the 30th June 2020 as part of their Covid response. You now need to pay for it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you I will check on that.  Maybe that is why is has been removed.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I have foxtel platinum fro Telstra and I get multi screen included

i can cast Foxtel Go from my laptop but not from my iPad, the Cast icon is missing

ive followed all the steps in factory resetting the chrome cast, turning on and off the modem, hard reset on the iPad and deleting and reinstalling the Foxtel go app

nothing has worked

i can cast Netflix, YouTube 7 plus etc but not Foxtel go

what is the issue and how do I fix it

thank you

Highlighted

You will need to contact Telstra and get them to check your account to make sure that multiscreen is still active on your account.

Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen)  and if Codi tries to redirect you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to a human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Jupiter

I’ve gone through the app and apparently it seems I’m speaking with someone different every time as they ask me the same questions that were asked 3 days prior, it’s as if they don’t read the previous posts I’ve made with them

I received an email from them telling me that my upgrade to multiroom casting has been added to my plan, never asked them to do that nor did I want it

still no resolution, can’t even get past the phone bot for billing enquires or complaints 

I got to say their customer service is useless at the moment, they blame it on Covid, I ask why can I can still speak to customer service with my bank, that question is never answered

rant over, appreciate your assistance 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit