Gershwin29
Level 1: Cadet

Iq2 to iq3 self upgrade

I have the opportunity to purchase an iq3 on Facebook marketplace. Will you help me to make it work? I am confident that I am capable of self install. I am aware that it may need to be matched to the smart card. Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Iq2 to iq3 self upgrade

They need to be purchased from Foxtel. If you get one from any other source then Foxtel will most likely not provision the service for the device.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Gershwin29

Pretty much what I’m worried about but the IQ2 is no longer able to do on demand whereas the iq3 can but is no longer available from them. They want us to go to IQ4 which needs satellite! Might have to go to Optus, seems like going backwards in tech not forwards. Really don’t want a dish on the roof!

Jupiter

The iQ3 would have been a short-term option anyway. Foxtel are moving to Satellite only by 2023, which the iQ3 isn't capable of.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Gershwin29

Still don’t want a dish on the roof - I know all they need to do is match the smart card to the decoder with the push of a button. Looking forward to hearing from you Telstra ???

Jupiter

In that case, you will need to contact Foxtel directly to ask them what your options are (it is their system after all, not Telstra's).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit