Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

IQ4

Frustration! I upgraded from cable, now discover only standard grade signal for2,7,9,10, What? These Channels not orovided in HD!! I cannot believe it, ridiculous! Not recommended, I want HD not poor reception, wake up Foxtel

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: IQ4

On cable you receive local stations in HD, channels for Channel 2 and 9, (207, 209) etc
On iq4 not available, its rubbish! How can you watch the best channels in Standard Definition and Pay subscription? Its rip off

I contact Foxtel-Telstra and they do not know what you are talking about!
Why are local stations 2, 7, 9, 10 not available in HD in IQ4 service?
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Really sorry to hear of your frustrating experience, Gazzaly. When you mention you upgraded from Cable, do you mean that you moved to a satellite dish connection type, or from an IQ3 box? - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Matty, good to hear from you, yes, I assumed it was an upgrade from the Cable iq2, to Dish/iq4.
What I would like is to add local stations 2, 7, 9, 10 in HD
I am certain you can solve the issue.
I like to watch 7 most of the time so disappointed in downgrade to Standard definition, thanks Matty, Leigh
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for clarifying. The HD broadcasts of Free to Air channels are only available through satellite Foxtel in certain areas. 

More information can be found here - https://tel.st/th7ys - Please have a look, and let us know if there's anything we can clear up. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

After you plug your antenna in to your iQ4 (the FTA channels do not come through the Satellite feed):

A free-to-air re-scan will reboot your set top box to scan for any missing free-to-air channels.

To complete a free-to-air scan on an iQ3 or iQ4:

1. Press the Home button on your Foxtel remote control.
  2. Select Settings from the menu.
  3. Select Terrestrial Settings and then Full Scan.
  4. Select Begin Scan.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter, good to hear from you, I dont have ‘antenna’ plugged into the iq4, so do you suggest I reconnect the old rooftop arrial into the iq4 , auto tune on ‘Digital Input’ on TV?
I have tv in bedroom with old fashioned dogs ears and provides excellent HD picture! The Satellite dish looks like NASA but does NOT deliver Local HD 7, am amazed?! Thanks for the tip! If Dish does not deliver HD then I must go back to Foxtel via cable, its unbelievable you cannot get 7or 9HD, cheers Leigh
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter, thanks, I understand your good tips but I realise my technician did not include an antenna cable for input to the iq4. Without that connection I must resort to okd antenna improvisation, how funny! I thought I was in cutting edge technolgy! The antenna on roof has been disconnected for years, you wiuld think the NASA dish could receive local stations in HD, cheers thanks for tips! Leigh
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter, thanks, I understand your good tips but I realise my technician did not include an antenna cable for input to the iq4. Without that connection I must resort to old antenna improvisation, how funny! I thought I was in cutting edge technology! The antenna on roof has been disconnected for years, you would assume the spectacular Foxtel dish would receive local stations in HD, cheers thanks for tips! Leigh

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit