Dragosije
Level 1: Cadet

Issue with Foxtel recording

I get a message on my screen 

"A HDCP error was detected and now resolved. Please press back to continue."

Pressing back does nothing so we have to re-set the IQ box to be able to watch anything.

What can we do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Dragosije

Re: Issue with Foxtel recording

Apologies, this happens when I want to watch what I have recorded

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

HDCP error is usually associated with rights management, but it might also be to do with the HDMI cable you are using, so I'd suggest to try another cable, preferably the one that came with Foxtel box, or one that is to ver 1.4 or greater..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Dragosije

Thanks Steve,

the only thing we did not try was to get another HDMI cable - the cable we have was provided by Foxtel when they installed the box.... This only happens for the recorded stuff...

SteveW_52

I hada similar HDCP error with my Yamaha sound system and a new Sony TV..  went away after installing a new high speed cable..  :-)

Has the problem always existed or has it just started recently? any change to your setup? What version is your IQ and also the firmware (I think a new version for iQ4's hit the wild today)...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Dragosije

The problem started few months ago (maybe August/September), no change in set up to what it was when they installed IQ3 couple of years ago. I know nothing about firmware (sorry).

SteveW_52

Have you tried a new HDMI cable..  not sure why the issue would only affect recordings, but an HDCP error is related to digital rights management, playback of recordings might be sensitive to timing issues on HDMI..

A cable is a simple swap out to check if it is the cause or not..  High Speed HDMI cables are more important with higher resolutions, so I would swap that out early, to prove or eliminate it..

A Full System Reset of the iQ3 might also improve things, but you will lose any recorded content..  and any scheduled recordings..

You can find out the firmware from the iQ Setting menu - under System Details..

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit