Tezza52
Level 3: Gumshoe

Lack of support IQ2 box changes

If you look through Crowd Support it shows that Telstra is terrible with communicating the changes to old boxes.

Why is there not a help line that offers real assistance or an Email address that is manned by people who know the product.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Lack of support IQ2 box changes

Telstra don't use email as a form of interaction with customers.

Your only communication options for the iQ2 box upgrades is to call 132200 or send a message using the My Telstra app.

And yes, when it comes to this sort of program (although this one is due to a 3rd party), they still don't handle it well. They should have learnt from the Telstra Smart Home service shutdown.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
DS99
Level 2: Rookie

No point calling 132200 as it just tells you to use the app which just shuts down and nobody gets back to you anyway.  Gee, I remember the good old days of customer service and being able to speak to a "real" person.

Tezza52
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have tried 132200 before and I know that they do not know what to do. Having worked in a Customer Services roll I realise that these people are following scripts and lack the product knowledge necessary to resolve the enquiries. If I lose On Demand I will cancel my Foxtel.

Jupiter

@Tezza52 if you are using an iQ2 then you will lose On Demand. There is no if involved.

The iQ2 does not have the capability to cope with the new content that is being provided, so the functionality is being disabled completely by Foxtel in the iQ2 (and earlier) boxes.

The only option to retain the functionality is to upgrade to the iQ3 or iQ4.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Sarah333
Level 1: Cadet

I think i am just going to cancel my whole telstra. I am over them.  We have no t.v now

@Tezza52 wrote:

If you look through Crowd Support it shows that Telstra is terrible with communicating the changes to old boxes.

Why is there not a help line that offers real assistance or an Email address that is manned by people who know the product.

I think i am going to just cancel my whole service 
We have no t.v now and no propper instructions and i am just going around in circles. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit