Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Olympics on foxtel iPad app

Hey I'm am a Telstra foxtel customer and I have downloaded the foxtel Olympics app for iPad. I'm the faqs section of this app it says it is available for Telstra foxtel customers. I have tried several different things to log in but to no avail. Anyone had any luck?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Olympics on foxtel iPad app

Not yet. Registered and set up password but when I try to view stuff i get a message saying unauthorized: Login to a valid account. Tryiong to call telstra/foxtel helpline. Not a great start.

Highlighted

Im afraid to tell you this guys but after ringing foxtel yesterday and today I finally got onto a girl who said Telstra foxtel customers are not eligible to use this app and to try find a telstra olympics app. She then looked too see if there was one, which their was not. If this is the case Im going to be really peed off!!!
Highlighted

Hi

Yes it works you just have to get the right telstra person on the line and thats not easy when you are talking to a computer genaerated voice that does not give you all the options.

Anyway, if you are a foxtel from telstra user call up 13 22 00, select foxtel option to your home from the voice generated lady. When they answer ask the teltra person for your foxtel account number and your set top box  smart card ID.( if they ask why tell them you wish to download this app and you have to be registered with foxtel not telstra) You will not find this information on any bills. Once you have this all then becomes easy.

Log into foxtel, register foxtel online. Through this process you will be asked to enter the details above and create a new username for foxtel etc.

Once registered download the app to your iPad, type in your new username and your online.

Note once you register yourself on foxtel you can also connect to many other online services for free such as movie downloads.

Enjoy the games.

GO Aussie's

Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief

As I'm typing this, I'm streaming foxtel to an iPad and this account is a Telstra Bundle Account. Maybe it was registered before it got switched from Foxtel to Telstra, not sure. But it sounds like the advice above should do it. It's certainly possible.

And, given Channel 9's treatment of the Olympics (there's only so much Equestrian and replays of swimming interviews I can handle while Aussie Opals & Beach Volleyball teams and others are all being played live - or playing old movies all Sunday - while Foxtel is showing 8 live channels, showcasing all sports) this app is MORE than worth getting going.

--
Kevin
[ I am a Telstra Employee however my posts here are done in a personal capacity.]

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit