Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Olympics streaming separate from Foxtel subscription

Does Foxtel offer an Olympics streaming package for those who don't have a television?  I'd pay to stream the Olympics to my PC or tablet but don't have a television so don't want a Foxtel cable package.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Olympics streaming separate from Foxtel subscription

I'd pay to stream the Olympics to my PC or tablet but don't have a television so don't want a Foxtel cable package.

That's not FOXTEL's business model, as far as I can see. You can have the Olympics streamed to your tablet with the Foxtel LONDON 2012 App, but the ‘price’ you have to pay is having an ongoing residential FOXTEL subscription (that includes Sports in the package).

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Drat.  That is the answer I was expecting but not the one that I was hoping for Smiley Wink

I expect this kind of question will come up more in the future as more and more is available online.  Maybe by the next Olympics!

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi aac,

Welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy

There is a Foxtel LONDON 2012 app that will allow you to watch the 8 dedicated channels wherever you are on an iPad or Android tablet (v4+) however you need to be an exisiting Foxtel Residental Sports customer. This is the only way that I have been able to locate, which in your current situation isnt much of a help.

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

..And this is why I would never win an Olympic race.

Cheers Drat Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit