Level 2: Rookie

On demand anytime (catchup)

Anybody else have issues with Foxtel Anytime (catch-up, or what ever they're calling it today)?

Not been able to get into it for past few days.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 1: Cadet

Re: On demand anytime (catchup)

I too have not been able to view on demand from Sunday. I have been viewing for about a month before last Sunday.
I have tried everything, rebooting etc.
My question is: Should there be an IP address in "SET UP" on iq box?

Yes - since Sunday. Used it on Friday didnt use it on Saturday but not working on Sunday.

Not sure about your IP question but I've changed nothing on mine since it was working.

I called Telstra Support today - before I spoke to a human and after following the prompts, telstra reset my Foxtel device remotly. This I'm happy to say resolved the issue.

Thanks...

Rikeedee

Level 3: Gumshoe

i thought foxtel did the connection?

i cannot get demand and have powerline adapters which are working ok. ive been told i need to change the settings in my netgear modem router cg3100d for port forwarding. can anyone advise how to do that

on netgear cg3100 i have inserted port forwarding for the IP address on foxtel IQ box and it now shows on Trusted devices Mac Filtering, which means the router identifies the IQ box BUT when i go to network settings on the tv it says no network, someone told me i need to change the netgear settings to  udp port 33222 etc. how to do this?

I've been through quite a bit of pain getting this set up. So, this may or may not help

Reset the IQ Box. Obvious I know, but it really can be all that's necessary some times - particularly after you've made changes

Go to setup - network settings -> network details. It should show a Status=connected. If not go to the settings and make sure that they are right for your home network. Do you have a DHCP server that has free slots in the address range? If not you'll have to get that working or change from DHCP to a static IP

If your network settings look good and the network test passes then chances are you're having the same problem that I was - Foxtel (bless them...) trys hard to stop this networking stuff from looking tricky - they don't want to frighten the punters by actually telling us what the thing needs to do - it needs to connect to foxtel's servers using ports that any sensible security system will laugh at and block. I got absolutely nowhere with Foxtel support - clueless would be the politest way to put it. I found it in the end by trawling through the firewall logs on my router - lots of blocks on tcp connections from the box to port 33111 (I've since read that udp to 33222 is also needed)

If this is your problem then you need to set up a firewall rule that allows your IQ box to connect to those two ports - don't make the mistake of using DHCP on the IQ and setting up a rule on the current IP address - next power cut, the box will be allocated a new address and it will stop working again - use a static IP or set up a permanant DHCP allocation

Hope that helps

Thanks for your help in my frustrating situation.

When i go to network settings. details it shows connected. when i go to Network test it shows please wait.,..unsuccesful, when i go to set up its hows Manual and all the Ip address etc.If i change manual to DHCP and save settings it shows DHCP and NOTHING underneath.

I have a Netgear Gateway CG3100D -2 supplied by BigPond which acts as router and modem.

I use power adapters to transmit signal to foxtel both ends connected with ethernet to modem and to foxtel. all 3 lights are on.

When I look at Gateway Mac Filtering I cannot see the Foxtel Mac address etc.

I have keyed in under Port Forwarding AND UNDER  Port Triggering:

80   80 TCP

33111 33111 TCP

33222 33222  UDP

The other day i got it working for a while but cant remember if I had only Port Fwdg or only Port Trigg.

Sorry if I am a bit vague on this

Richard

i see on my router modem web site there is a DMZ Host where I could enter the IP address of the Foxtel IQ. Is this a good idea and should it be instead of  Port Fowarding and Port Triggering?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I had a quick search on the internet and believe that this link from the Foxtel community  forums should help you: http://community.foxtel.com.au/t5/Technical-Support/On-Demand-Firewall-Issue/td-p/31830

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

dont understand how telstra would adjust your foxtel box. normally they will tell you to call foxtel

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit