MegastarMagus
Level 1: Cadet

Presto to Foxtel Play - problems logging in

Answered

I have my Foxtel box via my Telstra Account (all requests for help show as: "As we do not have access to your account or billing information, please contact Telstra directly on 13 22 00 or visit telstra.com.au").

I tried calling the 132200 number last week and the operator (in the Philippines) had NO idea what I was talking about.

USELESS and TIME WASTING!

My problem is that I obtained the Telstra TV black box to access streaming TV via my Telstra account in early December. As part of this "deal", I received 3 months free access to NetFlix, Stan and Presto. As seen in other postings Presto shut down 31 January 2017. As a "Presto subscriber" I received an email with my "special code" to access the remainder of my Presto subscription via the "new" Foxtel Play.

I used the "special code" in the email to access Foxtel Play online (via my computer, not via the TV). The result was a message that said that I was already registered and to log in using my registration details. I have access to a Foxtel account to view the online TV Guide, so I used that, and was logged into Foxtel - but no sign of FOXTEL PLAY!... I end up in an endless loop due to the message "Presto Customers - Make the switch to Foxtel Play by redeeming your promo code here" and "you already have an account login".

Trying to login via my Telstra TV black box using the Foxtel Play button on the TV asks for my login information. I input my Foxtel account (NOT PLAY) that I use to view the Foxtel TV Guide and I am told on the TV that my login details are incorrect - and if I have forgotten them, log into foxtelplay.com.au/password and change those details (reset password).

If I do this last - it changes the password for my Foxtel TV Guide account.

Seriously, this is a mess and needs to be cleaned up with haste.

Is anyone able to direct me to the place to create or use my FoxtelPlay information?

Thank you, in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RinaB
Telstra Products & Services Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Presto to Foxtel Play - problems logging in

Hi

All issues with your Foxtel account (either Presto or Play) will need to be resolved by Foxtel directly.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/existing-customers/support.html or 131 999

Once they confirm your Foxtel Play login, you should be able to use the Telstra TV app with no further issues.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
RinaB
Accepted Solution

Re: Presto to Foxtel Play - problems logging in

Hi

All issues with your Foxtel account (either Presto or Play) will need to be resolved by Foxtel directly.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/existing-customers/support.html or 131 999

Once they confirm your Foxtel Play login, you should be able to use the Telstra TV app with no further issues.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit