Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Questions Re Cancelling Foxtel From Telstra

Answered

Hi,

During COVID-19 I am looking to reduce costs as far as possible so want to get rid of Foxtel altogether.

Qu 1. I have had Foxtel since I moved here 6 years ago this month, so I assume I'm no longer on a lock-in contract, but how do I tell for sure please?

Qu 2. Does cancellation take effect immediately given I post pay, or does it run till the end of the month?

Qu 3. Looking at their info it seems the only official way to cancel Foxtel is to ring? If so are they actually answering phones now as I believe earlier on there was basically no way to get in contact? 

I am NOT interested in just suspending!  Sick of repeats!

My problem is my speech is now incomprehensible due to MND, which is why I am asking these questions here, so I'll need to get someone to ring for me.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Questions Re Cancelling Foxtel From Telstra

Hi @covotls you'll be able to check your contract details in the Telstra app. If you open the app, tap 'Services' then tap the Foxtel service, end contract details should be listed under 'Your Plan'.

You can find further information about cancelling Foxtel here. If you'd like us to check your account to confirm any details or want to discuss cancelling the Foxtel service, I'd suggest speaking with us via the Telstra app so we can help you with this.

To do that, open the Telstra app then tap the 'get help' tab at the bottom of the screen & you will see the blue speech bubble to 'Message Us'. While you will first speak with our virtual assistant Codi, follow the prompts & if they're unable to fix, they will put you through to a team member that can assist further if you type 'more help'. Make sure notifications are on within the Telstra app too, this way you can go about your day & reply further there when you get a response. Replies usually occur between 8am-8pm AEST. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @covotls you'll be able to check your contract details in the Telstra app. If you open the app, tap 'Services' then tap the Foxtel service, end contract details should be listed under 'Your Plan'.

You can find further information about cancelling Foxtel here. If you'd like us to check your account to confirm any details or want to discuss cancelling the Foxtel service, I'd suggest speaking with us via the Telstra app so we can help you with this.

To do that, open the Telstra app then tap the 'get help' tab at the bottom of the screen & you will see the blue speech bubble to 'Message Us'. While you will first speak with our virtual assistant Codi, follow the prompts & if they're unable to fix, they will put you through to a team member that can assist further if you type 'more help'. Make sure notifications are on within the Telstra app too, this way you can go about your day & reply further there when you get a response. Replies usually occur between 8am-8pm AEST. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Shannon. 👍

Under my home phone plan I found my Entertainment bundle expired in late 2018.

Cheers, 

Gary 

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Were you able to  cancel Gary  ?   l've tried repeatedly 

Highlighted

Only by getting someone to ring for me (13 22 00) but took 3 frustrating tries.

I tried to do it myself through the NRS (National Relay Service) because I knew exactly what I wanted and didn't want someone trying to talk me in to keeping Foxtel and dropping the extra packs as they did to the first person I had do it on my behalf.  That person ended up frustrated so then I tried.  Got the same around and around in circles and after 45 min of typing ended up giving up because it was by then after 8pm and the Telstra guy wanted to go home.

Finally got the first person to ring for me again, armed with knowledge from the previous calls to cut through the upselling BS and cancelled.  Took effect immediately and I had to get them to immediately post the iQ3 and remote back.  Phew!

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Well done but no one should have to go through this  im looking at other options like the Communication ombudsman  Thanks Shane 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit