Fern6
Level 2: Rookie

Reconnection

Answered

I have moved into a new apartment & updated address details but I have a set top box with no signal. My previous place had a Foxtel hub in the basement where it was literally a case of flicking the switch to get the signal working. I have tried numerous times to get through to Telstra & Foxtel to explain but just get passed from one department to another. This thread is my my last hope of getting answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fern6
Accepted Solution

Re: Reconnection

Box is an iQ2. There is a wall cable connection & no appointment was given.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Did you place a move order with Telstra?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Fern6

Yes and a change of ownership.

Jupiter

That could confuse things if they were done at the same time (or while one was being processed when the other was submitted), one or the other could get lost in the system.

Which set top box do you have, and what type of connection is available in the apartment that you are in (is there a cable connection in the apartment)?

Were you given an appointment/connection date when you placed the move order?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Fern6
Accepted Solution

Box is an iQ2. There is a wall cable connection & no appointment was given.

View solution in original post

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Fern6. 

You will need to check in with our Foxtel from Telstra team. If the Foxtel service was not arranged to be moved, it will need to have this request processed and then possibly a technician appointment to connect at the new address. They will also likely need to upgrade you to iQ3 as many features have been phased out on iQ2. 

please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/7y9wz). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Foxtel from Telstra" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. 

If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

You can also call on 131999 but wait times are lengthy at the moment. 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Bren11

<personal information deleted for security reasons>

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bren11, I've had to remove your post for security reasons as the personal details you provided were viewable by any visitors to this page. The Crowd Support forums are intended for customers to ask and help with any general questions, but for account-specific issues such as setting up a payment plan you would need to contact our support teams. This can be done online via https://tel.st/wsyzn or with our teams in the 'Get Help' section of the My Telstra app, https://tel.st/r7dls. If you send us a message there and get on with your day a consultant will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit