flange
Level 2: Rookie

Satellite and cable boxes

Is there a difference between iq4 satellite and iq4 cable boxes?  We have recently moved from Brisbane where we had satellite to Perth where we are in an apartment (not sure if satellite or cable) and the time is still showing for east coast including ads all Brisbane related. Have tried forced update and that doesnโ€™t work. TIA cheers

cheers, amanda

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Satellite and cable boxes

There is no difference between the boxes for the different services, the iQ4's generally use a satellite connection. There is also an internet connection for some things like streaming/on demand etc. So you really need both to get the full Foxtel service. Whether there is a common antenna for Foxtel in the apartment block is something you will have to ask about. In many cases, each box has a seperate antenna provided.

The time zone (region) might be set in the iQ4 itself, which you can change through settings, and you made need to let Telstra know about the change of address anyway and that may trigger a visit from a Foxtel tech and possibly a new antenna for that address (which might not be free in your circumstances). .

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict ๐Ÿ™‚ also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
flange

How do I change the time zone?  I have looked through settings and canโ€™t find how to do it. I have also been in touch with Telstra in regard to address change and they said time would change in approximately 24 hours and it has now been over 72 hours 

cheers, amanda
SteveW_52

Telstra run on their own time unfortunately. Smiley Happy

How have you connected up the Foxtel box at present?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict ๐Ÿ™‚ also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
flange

Not sure. My husband did it ๐Ÿ˜‰ and he has gone back to work for 2 weeks and I canโ€™t stand the wrong time for that long.  Guess I just need to be more patient ๐Ÿคฃ

cheers, amanda
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Foxtel may not have changed the service address yet, or it may not have propagated through the system yet (service address controls the timezone used on the iQ4).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
flange

Thank you. I will just have to wait and things will happen when they happen ๐Ÿ˜Š

cheers, amanda
SteveW_52

I just had a look at mine and you are right, no time zone setting in the base settings..

I tried to get into the Installer Setup - open settings, select and click on Advanced and then quickly use the remote to key in 0611..    unfortuately, I can't seem to make that work right now - it is very much a timing issue and my fingers are a bit slow this morning (pretty cold in Brisbane today)...

Stevo 52
ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

Hi there, this sounds frustrating and I'm sure you don't want to have to watch Brisbane ads forever. I did a bit of digging and have found these steps a user took to rectify this issue, it's via a "forced update" on your IQ4. I will post the link to it here https://tel.st/9788rp. Feel free to try this fix and if you have no luck with it please get back in touch with us so we can help further ๐Ÿ™‚

flange

Tried and it didnโ€™t work ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ

cheers, amanda
JessicaCL
Support Team
Support Team

If those steps haven't sorted this out, chat with us via the My Telstra app https://tel.st/jt9phn and our team will go from there.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SteveW_52

It is to to do with Telstra shifting the service, time zone information is derived from the service address...

The previously suggested forced firmware upadte won't fix it and with the latest round of iQ4 updates has actually introduced other problems in some cases!

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit thereโ€™s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit