Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Tv and Foxtel Now

Received my telstra nbn bundle on friday with foxtel now .Redeemed my offer Saturday and everything was fine, then sunday found the free 2 weeks of packs have disappeared and found I chose the wrong starter pack. All I want to do is change my starter pack from pop to the doc pack but have found it impossible as apparently my account number doesn't exist with Foxtel now yet I am able to log onto the Foxtel now web site and go straight to my account. Spent 7 hours on the phone yesterday being transferred from telstra to Foxtel multiple times and another 2 hours today and still it has been unresolved. Starting to think this is all a scam from telstra to get you in but not giving you what has been promised. Telstra seems not to worry as all my phone calls I have made go overseas and there is no way for me to talk to someone in australia. If I ran a business like this with giving misinformation to get someone to sign up to a plan you can bet your bottom dollar I would be in trouble, luckily telstra can wipe their hands of it as they blame Foxtel for it and all calls go overseas where they dont have to deal with it. Maybe if enough of us cancel our telstra plans and go else where they might wake up and try to help us out. To anyone thinking of going through telstra to get Foxtel now dont you will regret it better off with optus and getting netflix

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Telstra Tv and Foxtel Now

Just a small update as I haven't been able to resolve this issue and nobody wants to take ownership of the problem I have now contacted our local channel 7 current affairs program today tonight who will be looking into this

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

If you want to swap it yourself,

go to foxtelnow.com.au/ > log in > swap offers > untick the one you don't want and tick the one you do want.

Foxtel Now is a Foxtel product they have a promotion that Telstra are offering but it is their product... they really need to get this sending person to Telstra thing since it is a Foxtel service on Foxtel systems with Foxtel logins...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply but have tried it myself at least 50 times now on the foxtel now web site and I press swap offers and shows me what is available. I click on the existing pack then choose the doco pack which says available then seems to reload page and back to original package with no change. Have even tried adding the doco and kids pack go through the process, shows me its in the cart press the update my package then screen reloads  and tells me that Your package has been updated. If you can't see your changes on your device, please refresh your page. I refresh the page and still back where I started with only the pop pack. Doing it over the phone has also been just as hard putting approx 10 hours of my time between telstra and foxtel now with no resolve only telling me that its the others issue. Just wish I researched more about the issues with the foxtel now app through telstra tv before signing up.

Highlighted

Hey Telstra, @vc-273 is not alone. I have raised this on separate thread, and there is discussions on foxtel chat also.
Can someone from Telstra please help us - it is an integration issue between telstra accounts and foxtel now. If i don't get a good answer by end of today i will be returning my Telstra tv and requesting a refund on the plan i took up, on the basis of faulty product and service.
Highlighted

Weird. Have you tried posting on the Foxtel community? To see if the Foxtel digital team over there have any way to help?
Or their twitter or Facebook?

From the contact details on their Foxtel Now support info those are the only listed support. They don’t have a number listed for Foxtel Now, so I am wondering if the team on the phone are trying to look it up as a Full Foxtel because they can still see Foxtel From Telstra accounts by their account number in their system so if they can’t find the account number I can only assume Now might be under a different system or with different access.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/now/support/manage-my-account/billing-faqs.html.html
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

Hey DrQ,
I never call software/systems integration issues weird. They are nearly always the result of rushed implementations, and a failure to define the test cases correctly. Poorly managed and executed comes to my mind.

we are also on the foxtel community, and there are at least four of us with same issue (https://bit.ly/2K5M82M).
Their level of support is woeful (Telstra's has at least been helpful, and had some good but unsuccessful support on 24/7 chat). Yes we've all tried calling foxtel, facebook PM, and we all get the same run-around.
we seem to be falling outside the box of known issues, and no-one is willing to even acknowledge the issue.

Highlighted

No. It is weird that it worked for me when I tried it earlier. Not weird that the problem is there and likely poorly tested design or even potentially a minor fault that has just not been appropriately investigated... that is just poor. But weird that it is intermittent.
Helpful Links

Highlighted

Wouldn't hold my breath as this seems an issue that they somehow cant figure out or don't want to worry about as maybe its to hard for their tech guys to figure out. I just don't understand how they can sell us a product that they know is defective as they have had this issue since they have been doing foxtel now. Also how can I be receiving foxtel when foxtel now tells me my account number doesn't exist does this mean I am getting it for free, somehow I don't think so. You would think in this day and age these things shouldnt be happening and what is everyone else doing about it. Maybe we should bombard a current affairs show so they take note and expose this whole system for what it is a scam to get your money for nothing in return, wish I could work like that

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey vc-273,

Sorry to hear of your troubles in swapping packages. If you wished to have this escalated submit a complaint online here say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint  and reply to me with the reference number. I will use it to contact complaints and have a case manager assigned to follow this up with you ASAP. 

Thank you 
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi @RyanH, and what about me? - i have a complaint number already, raised it this morning - do you want it here, or shall i send you a private message.

also, just found this complaint from four weeks ago: https://bit.ly/2KPmWOW
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hey egja, 

No worries, what was the SR complaint reference number? I will use this to contact complaints and request they follow up with you.

Thank you 
 - Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Ryan, issue number is SR 1-1522105385665
Somehow make sure all on this topic are kept informed.
thanks.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks egja, I have reached out to our Complaints Resolution Team, please do let us know how you go.

Highlighted

Thanks everyone for your replies and unfortunately I am glad I am not the only one. There is a big issue with communication between telstra and foxtel and think that may be one of the biggest issues. Got hold of telstra again today and they brought up all my recent history with this fault and assigned me t a supervisor straight away and surprisingly she actually knew what I was talking about as she had already talked to another 6 people experiencing the same problem. From what I can work out is that once you have chosen your starter pack you are stuck with and I accept that as I should have chosen the correct one in the first place  but as far as adding packs have been told that you cant do it on the foxtel now website as it is a plan through telstra and that is why foxtel now doesn't recognize my account info. Was told that she will be adding the packs for me and she would call when it was all done. As a bonus with the trouble that I have gone through to organize this have also been told will get the two packs for free for the first month, nice sweetener to calm me down I think. So if you are still having these issues I think you just have to be firm with them that you would like the issue resolved now and you want to talk to someone that has info on this issue as the majority of the people you talk to on the call center are really in the dark about the issues. Will post the outcome once I have heard back from her which may be a day or so

Highlighted

Hey @vc-273, at least your sorted somewhat. i'll let you know how i go - your description above doesn't help me when the Telstra TV / Foxtel App didn't allow selection of the pack i wanted at the start!.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit