Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

TelstraTV Foxtel Now Error Code: AS4043

So, I've had Foxtel subscription on my telstra account for about 6months. However, I've had no Foxtel Now on my Telstra TV - it wouldn't allow login. Back then, I contacted both Telstra and Foxtel. Everything was reset, and away I was (supposed) to go!

Nothing. Still showing on my account. No login on Telstra TV Foxtel Now app allowed.

Then - tonight - just randomly clicking thru shows, and Foxtel Now let me IN!

For about two episodes of "The Outsider", which I was enjoying immensely... then, it bumped me out, telling me:

"Ooops! This device has already had a free trial. You can only receive the free trial once. Error Code: AS4043".

I have no idea what free trial this code is relating to. If I logon to my Foxtel Account on my laptop, no issue. There's my account, there are my shows, and I can happily continue watching "The Outsider"... but that's not the idea of this, right??

Hoping someone can help.

Cheers,

Meg

My comma doesn't work.....;;;;

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: TelstraTV Foxtel Now Error Code: AS4043

Do you have a Foxtel subscription or a Foxtel Now subscription? They are different things and are not interchangeable.

If you can log in via your laptop but not your Telstra TV, I would suspect that you have a Foxtel subscription that normally works through an iQ3/4 box.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Jupiter, I believe you have now hit the nail on the head!

I would never have guessed that in a million years.

Now to find out what my login details are for Foxtel Now... as I can very easily log in to MyFoxtel app - with the Telstra/Bigpond email login and password I am using ... just can't watch it on Telstra TV... have to use Chromecast.

Thanks.

My comma doesn't work.....;;;;
Highlighted

Note: you can't use the same email address for both Foxtel & Foxtel Now subscriptions. Foxtel isn't that smart.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

i had 1 Foxtel Now free from telstra tv. i cancelled after a month and now i got 3 months from telstra but i can not use telstra tv. Is there any by pass? I am able to use on laptop but not on mobile or telstra tv

Highlighted

Your Foxtel Now subscription can be used on any compatible device. 

Highlighted

I have the same issue with my telstra tv. I can access Foxtel Now on my Ipad and computer just not the Telstra box.

I spoke to Telstra and they couldn't figure it out and the technicians are tide up in the covid19 pandemic. 

Did you find a solution?

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I rang Foxtel and girl on call fixed it in 30 seconds. Unfortunately you will have to call Foxtel. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit