Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Transfered from Foxtel to Telstra Foxtel and needing some help

I signed with Telstra on the weekend for Foxtel.  I asked the consultant REPEATEDLY whether this would interfer with my current Foxtel (direct) account.  I told him I was Foxtel direct; I asked him if going to Foxtel through the Telstra Bundle would mean changning anything  - "NO.  Won't mean anythign changes, just you get your Premium Package".

Well guess what...Foxtel have told me that this is bull*****.  It WILL change everything, and our account history (since Foxtel first began in Australia) will now be wiped completely!

W T F ?????  Man Mad Man Mad Man Mad

I want to know why I was told something that was not correct / not the truth.  How do I cancel the Foxtel from Telstra, so that I do NOT have to lose EVERYTHING (saved shows on the IQ etc)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Transfered from Foxtel to Telstra Foxtel and needing some help

If you initiated the call, then I'm afraid that there isn't much you can do as there is no cooling off period.

By changing to Foxtel from Telstra, you have created a new account and the old account will be closed.

Even if you cancel the Foxtel from Telstra, which will probably involve an Early Termination Fee, then if the order has been processed, the account on the Foxtel side will get closed and if you resign it will probably be a new account.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit