BigG66
Level 2: Rookie

Upgrade of IQ STU's ????????

Before Christmas I had an email about IQ 1 & 2 being superseded at the end of January and to fill in some info to get upgraded to a newer version ............  Have NOT heard a thing since so WTF is happening Telstra ???? 

And if as I saw somewhere that Foxtel via HFC is being cut in 2023 - WHO would want the INFERIOR service ?  Who is covering the cost of install of the hardware ? and you sure as hell better not think I am paying the extra per month for the INFERIOR satellite BS service !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will simply get rid of Foxtel rather than pay more (mind you I am a customer of OVER 20 years)  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Upgrade of IQ STU's ????????

I don't think you should hold back, just tell us what you really feel Smiley Happy..  just remember that most of us are just customers like you - whether your vent will get the attention of someone from Telstra is hard to say..

So, after requesting the upgrade from Telstra, you haven't received any email, order no or other update from Telstra? How did you submit your request and did you keep a copy (always a good idea when dealing with Telstra)?

Based on posts here, about replacement IQ3's and also some being upgraded to IQ4 instead (with satellite)..  I can only assumer consumer demand has outstripped Telstra supplies..  so perhaps more IQ's  (3 or 4) are on order.

Your best option is to use the My Telstra app, Get Help, blue chat icon to raise a query - keep your questions short, to one subject at a time and in simple english...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
BigG66

I got an email "from Telstra"  to my secondary email saying the IQ1 & 2 being phased out and the on demand feature being wound down on them from the last week in Jan 2021. It asked to log on to a Telstra page and fill in details ..... Did this and heard nothing since. 
I hate using the Telstra app because you have to explain things 30 times before they understand what you are saying  

SteveW_52

The Telstra app frustrates most people..  but in amongst all consultants with fairly ordinary skill sets, you will find the rare one that actually knows what they are doing.. keep your messages short and to the point, on subject per message, make it easy to understand..

My own experience with the app is to take screenshots as the chat proceeds..  if it doesn't get a result then lodge a complaint - the screenshots are good evidence in place of now defunct chat transcripts.  And you need evidence of some kind to get a complaint looked at.

Complaints could take a week or more to get a case manager assigned and have them contact you, but the last couple of times I did that, I got responses within hours and the evidence I provided got the matters resolved with 24 hours...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Kiwiflatwhite

I got the email as well and processed the upgrade to IQ3 which was what Telstra requested in the email, got no response and got no IQ3 box either. I luckily took a screen shot of the screen at the end of the process which proved I did the upgrade. This week I have been using the chat messaging thingy to find out what has happened, and the people I have been dealing with are absolutely useless. It’s an embarrassment to call this a service. Anyway, after days of back and forth they finally told me they had manually created a request to send me the IQ3. Well, within about an hour I got another message telling me they don’t have any IQ3 boxes and the only way I can continue was to move to the IQ4 and have a satellite dish installed.  I wont be doing that, I will be leaving both Telstra and Foxtel. I am walking with my feet after 20 years of loyal service. Get stuffed for this ‘gold’ treatment. No communication, no customer service, so one less customer. 

Mcdfam
Level 1: Cadet

I also had this email & have heard nothing & now on demand features are gone 😡 I have messaged via the app & have had a response at 11.30pm saying do I need help setting up the box?!! I didn't see the message till this morning either. Ridiculous you can't call to speak to someone either. 

Mcdfam

I did that & they are replying at 11.30pm asking to help set up the box I have not received ! 

BigG66

Hey all ........ Got to talk to a human at Telstra(read that as at a Telstra call centre) this morning - pity they were in the Philippines thou ... 

Confirmed they DID get my application to upgrade on 15/12/20 ... What they failed to do was tell me that because I have HFC/Foxtel there is NO option but to go to the satellite version if I wish to maintain what I have because Foxtel via cable will be stopped all together in the near future. The NBN is taking back all 3rd party rights to use of cables(or some BS like that). Satellite version is installed at no charge and no ongoing changes to monthly costs .... I have an old package that is better than ANYTHING they have on or even offer now. 
Guess I will soon see if I keep Foxtel or do what so many others have done and go to one of the streaming services instead .... They just keep changing things to suit them and not the paying customer. 

@BigG66 wrote:

Before Christmas I had an email about IQ 1 & 2 being superseded at the end of January and to fill in some info to get upgraded to a newer version ............  Have NOT heard a thing since so WTF is happening Telstra ???? 

And if as I saw somewhere that Foxtel via HFC is being cut in 2023 - WHO would want the INFERIOR service ?  Who is covering the cost of install of the hardware ? and you sure as hell better not think I am paying the extra per month for the INFERIOR satellite BS service !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will simply get rid of Foxtel rather than pay more (mind you I am a customer of OVER 20 years)  

Searcher99

Hi,

There is an announcement coming out about the IQ5. It is not satellite as far as I can tell but is very much going down the streaming route and enabling integration with Netflix, Stan and the rest. https://www.channelnews.com.au/new-iq5-tipped-to-be-wi-fi-6-compatible-new-management-hub-for-smarth...

The satellite is painful with trees near the house blocking connection, the dish has to be near the gutter and rain/heavy clouds giving poor reception. Stream with Foxtel Now until IQ5 appears in the next few months. 2 to 4 months is the best guess depending on who you talk to.

Fanger69

Hi mate,

I had the same offer. Filled it out as soon as I got it.

Was on IQ2 Satellite and told On Demand and eventually 1 and 2 being phased out.

Heard nothing and with the Jan 31st date coming up, got on the chat (supposedly as a gold tier member you are to get great service)

I was on chat and the phone for over a week with no resolution. They claimed I never got the offer and had to produce the email to prove it. Unfortunately I didnt realise telstra webmail has change and now only shows 14 days, so I didnt have the email.

Managed to produce a screen of internet history with the two URL's, one for the link and one with success.

Still they didnt believe me.

The chat on the Telstra App is a Joke. Most links to the mytelstra simply dont work. I am on a bundle and when I click on Foxtel it says 404 page now found, has been like that for 10 months. When I do it on the web, it gives a different message about technical difficulties and again thats been like that for 10 months.

So I went to the TIO.

Finally a human case manager from Sydney called me.

Claimed that I was on cable so the offer didnt apply.

So I went back to the TIO

Telstra finally acknowledged after taking photos, yes photos, that I was actually on Satellite.

They didnt even know this even though they installed it.

This went back and forth for another 3 days until they sent me a IQ3.

They sent the cable version. So again we did the dance until I got a Satellite IQ3

Telstra are an absolute joke and their customer service is appaling. Add to that now all the channels appear as locked due to some technical issues with accounts after another offer / trial expired

I won't be renewing when my contract is over.

BigG66

TBH Fanger I have NFI why I am still with Telstra except I cannot be stuffed changing my email address everywhere. I am on an old deal with what I have and NOTHING on current offers comes close and thats advice from a Telstra shop. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit