Ludmax
Level 1: Cadet

Upgrade to iq4

Foxtel advises that On Demand has been discontinued  for iq2. Foxtel advised an upgrade to iq4 was $150, why is Telstra quoting $185. MyFoxtel is through Telstra. We have been Foxtel customers for 20 years and in that time have never been offered upgrades or freebies whereas new customers get incentives frequently.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Upgrade to iq4

Telstra did run an email campaign, offering free upgrades from IQ2..  it expired in February I think. Maybe you missed that? 

But if you use the My Telstra app, Get Help, blue chat icon, you can make mention of that offer and see if that will get you a free upgrade or one at a reduced price...  if you can find that email somewhere, that would help you..  after all the loss of On Demand from IQ2 was not your decision...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Upgrade to iq4

The cost of the box itself is $150. The standard install fee is $35 (so it sounds like they think you want someone to come out and install it for you). If you are on cable and need the satellite dish installed (iQ4 only works on satellite), the the installation fee is $100. All pricing is set by Foxtel.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit