Buzz10
Level 1: Cadet

Upgrading to iQ3

Hi!
My understanding is that shows you have recorded on your iQ box are not transferable if you upgrade from iQ2 to iQ3.
If I was to upgrade and set up the new iQ3 box on one TV, can I watch my recorded shows on the iQ2 box using a different TV in a different room? Some of the shows I have recorded are not in Foxtel on Demand Anytime, so cannot simply re-download them on the new box.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Deedz
Level 11: Detective

Re: Upgrading to iQ3

My understanding is that if you upgrade your iQ2 to iQ3 the box will be de-activated through that process and therefore lose any content regardless.

The only work around I can think of would be to request for a NEW multiroom (check install costs) to have a 2nd box running which is the new iQ3. Doing this would allow you to retain your existing recorded shows on the iQ2 albeit paying $25 extra a month to do so. Once you've caught up on all your recorded shows you could then cancel the iQ2 🙂

Hope that helps!

Do or do not, there is no try...

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit