SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Warning on Foxtel F/W 1.19.1.25 for iQ4 (1.19.0.25 for iQ3) - Ethernet Connectivity Issue!!!

Answered

Warning to Foxtel iQ3/iQ4 users.. As noted here: https://www.foxtel.com.au/support/software-update.html there is a new firmware being released for iQ3 and iQ4 devices. This update landed on my Foxtel iQ4 boxes overnight and resulted in a black screen, non responsive remote. A power cycle brought up the 'FOXTEL We are setting up your IQ..' message but then still a black screen and no functionality.

My boxes are connected by ethernet and until now have performed flawlessy. But doing some troubleshooting showed me the devices were not being recognised properly. Disconnecting the ethernet cables restored the devices to working status, so they fell back to Wi-Fi to do that. If you have this problem, the simple quick fix is to disconnect the ethernet cable and run on W-Fi.

Foxtel are aware of the problem, don't know the cause (bad firmware in the ethernet adaptor area) and will roll out a fix when one is available. Until then Wi-Fi is your only option to keep using the IQ4.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Re: Warning on Foxtel F/W 1.19.1.25 for iQ4 (1.19.0.25 for iQ3) - Ethernet Connectivity Issue!!!

OK, so I have found a fix..  Foxtel Support weren't much help and didn't even know about this new firmware being rolled out!

So 1.19.1.26 does carry the fix for the ethernet issue, but simply updating the firmware doesn't seem to apply it.

My first impression was that it hadn't fixed the issue at all and calls to Foxtel Support gave no further information.

But thinking that surely a new FW update should fix it, I tried a Full System Reset on the iQ4 – Press Home, Go to Settings, Go to Advanced Settings and then quickly press 0611 on the remote to get the Installer Setup option.. then do the Full System Reset.

You lose any saved recordings etc.. but during the setup there is a prompt to connect to the internet and long as the Ethernet cable is plugged in, you can select that option. It works and I now have my iQ4 connected by ethernet again.. and can also connect to both 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi..  Smiley Happy

It just isn't documented anywhere that I could find and even Support didn't know about it.. 

Stevo 52

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
SteveW_52

Re: Warning on Foxtel F/W 1.19.1.25 for iQ4 (1.19.0.25 for iQ3) - Ethernet Connectivity Issue!!!

I noticed this morning (TV turned on by itself about 4 am) that the Foxtel iQ4 firmware updated to 1.19.1.26..  but it doesn't seem to have fixed the ethernet issue or the remote stopped from working..  Smiley Frustrated

Stevo 52
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

OK, so I have found a fix..  Foxtel Support weren't much help and didn't even know about this new firmware being rolled out!

So 1.19.1.26 does carry the fix for the ethernet issue, but simply updating the firmware doesn't seem to apply it.

My first impression was that it hadn't fixed the issue at all and calls to Foxtel Support gave no further information.

But thinking that surely a new FW update should fix it, I tried a Full System Reset on the iQ4 – Press Home, Go to Settings, Go to Advanced Settings and then quickly press 0611 on the remote to get the Installer Setup option.. then do the Full System Reset.

You lose any saved recordings etc.. but during the setup there is a prompt to connect to the internet and long as the Ethernet cable is plugged in, you can select that option. It works and I now have my iQ4 connected by ethernet again.. and can also connect to both 2.4 and 5 GHz Wi-Fi..  Smiley Happy

It just isn't documented anywhere that I could find and even Support didn't know about it.. 

Stevo 52

View solution in original post

suparoo
Level 1: Cadet

I currently have this problem with an iQ3 box, like you I all the directions by Support. Support even had us try the Full System Reset on the iQ3 – Press Home, Go to Settings, Go to Advanced Settings and then quickly press 0611 on the remote to get the Installer Setup option.. then do the Full System Reset.

Still no program information and cannot update the firmware.

SteveW_52

I am not sure with the iQ3..  mine are iQ4 and the full system reset worked after the firmware was upgraded one step to 1.19.1.26 from the one that caused the problems.

Do you use an ethernet cable? If that is connected then unplug it and use a Wi-Fi connection temporarily. Does that restore the iQ3 functionality?

Try a quick reset, power off reset etc. and if necessary re-do the full system reset maybe (it might need to find an update)?

Stevo 52
Woeful2
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your reply Stevo 52.

We still don't have any progress. I will have to ring Foxtel Support and talk to a Supervisor to get this problem escalated.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit