59jimmy
Level 2: Rookie

Why has my foxtel bill increased by $34.84

WHY HAS MY FOXTEL BILL INCREASED BY $33.84 SINCE MY LAST BILL WHEN I HAVE ADDED NOTHING TO THIS BUNDLE

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Why has my foxtel bill increased by $34.84

You could put your question to Telstra Support, because they can confirm your identity and they have access to your account information.

You can contact them via the Get help section of the My Telstra app.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

It could be as simple as your discounts that apply during the first 12 months of a subscription have expired and you are now being charged the full rate.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
59jimmy

Yes i did receive a bill back in November of 2020 at this rate of $204 and i was advised by the person i spoke to that this was a mistake and they would fix this issue.

This person NEVER said this would be a 12 month fix.

If this issue is NOT resolved back to the $100 charge for foxtel and even that is a stretch.

I WILL SERIOUSLY CONSIDER CANCELING MY FOXTEL SUBSCRIPTION.

I have subscribed to foxtel since 2003 without any monthly cancellation.

A bit off topic management need to seriously consider that for the money people are paying for foxtel they are not receiving that great of a selection on programing,the selection back in 2003 was better than it is now and back then there were NO adverts.So for the money we are paying we are not getting that value for money.

FREE TO AIR TV IS LOOKING GOOD

Jupiter

Which bundle are you on, and what was the amount on the bill for it?

To get an accurate answer on the increase in the billed amount, you will need to contact Telstra on either 132200 or through the My Telstra app.

As for your comment to management, Foxtel is not operated by Telstra, you would need to put that comment to Foxtel management (which is primarily controlled by News Corp Australia).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
59jimmy

My foxtel is the   Platinum HD bundle  this bill the charge for the Platinum bundle is $139 previous bill was $99

Jupiter

That explains it. Your initial 12 months on that package has expired and you are now being charged the full rate. The $99 per month is only for the first 12 months for new customers (and occasionally for customers who have been upgraded).

59jimmy

NO NO i have been paying $99 for a number of years,it was NEVER a 12 months subcription

Jupiter

You were probably migrated to Platinum Plus back in November 2020 when the problem last occurred, and since 12 months has elapsed since then it has reverted to full pricing. It's not a 12 month subscription, it is ongoing. Pricing however changes after the first 12 months as they discount the first 12 months.

The person you spoke to probably had no choice but to put you on that plan as the older plans like the one you were on would no longer be assignable in the system (once Foxtel removes a product from sale to customers, it cannot be selected by Customer Service - they can only assign current products to accounts).

A suggestion: if you don't use multiscreen or Netflix, you could look at changing to the Premium pack instead (although you do lose out on channels like A&E, History, SciFi). That would get you back to the $99 per month. see Foxtel Packages & Plans from Telstra for the subscription packs and their inclusions (click on each to make sure it includes what you like to watch).

59jimmy

What channels would i loose if i went to a $99 per month plan ???

Jupiter

You would lose Multiscreen, Netflix and the following channels:

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit