Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Entertainment Package Added

Answered

I got my monthly bill and noticed Foxtel 'Entertainment Package' was added. I regularly log in to my telstra account for various reasons but do not recall adding this, actually I've not changed Foxtel packages since pretty much forever. I don't want this package, nor do I want to pay for something I'm not using and to the best of my knowledge did not choose. Can someone please explain how I might go about fixing this: 1) get rid of the package and 2) credit my account?

Help appreciated.

Common sense. So rare it's a SUPERPOWER.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Entertainment Package Added

Thanks, that is very wise advice. I’ll cancel direct debit and if the issue is not resolved by my payment date which is 16 April, I’ll manually pay the amount minus the Entertainment channels + GST. If Telstra penalises with me with a late fee, the next step will be the Ombudsman!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

The exact same thing just happened to me  today as well. Impossible to contact anyone at telstra to rectify the situation. I have direct debit set up, so they’ll just take the money without anyway of disputing it. Yes, please, what can we do about this???

Highlighted

I would definitely suggest cancelling the direct debit arrangement. There is no clear advantage in having direct debit set up that I can see except for the convenience of not having to spend the effort paying for a regular account. I don't think we should be paying for something we do not want then trying to get credit/money back after the fact. My bill is not due until the 14th April, so I won't be paying it until this is rectified or at the least explained. If I've made an error I will accept that, but until I am able to get a meaningful response, non-payment is the only means of resolution it seems. I will protest if that is the case because my credit rating is A+ and I don't want a lousy phone bill stuffing that up!

Level 25: The Singularity

Other than calling 132200, the other methods of contacting customer support at the moment are by sending a message via Facebook or Twitter.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks, that is very wise advice. I’ll cancel direct debit and if the issue is not resolved by my payment date which is 16 April, I’ll manually pay the amount minus the Entertainment channels + GST. If Telstra penalises with me with a late fee, the next step will be the Ombudsman!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Jupiter, but I am not going to start a Facebook or Twitter account to resolve this issue, and I shouldn't have to. I have tried to call 132200 but irrespective of what I ask for I get disconnected by the bot and directed to online support. Guess what, the online support does not have the facility to resolve my query, hence the question here. I understand these are trying times, but total lack of service is not the answer. Telstra can and should do better; Foxtel billing has always had problems, it took a long time to get it set-up for me in the first instance and many, many hours on the phone. Now for something which should be a quick and easy fix I don't even have the option to spend hours on the phone, I just get sent on a wild goose chase. Thanks for you suggestions, but unfortunately they do not resolve the issue. 

Highlighted

Great idea. If I am not able to resolve the issue prior to the bill being due, then I will only pay for what I use too, i.e. the bill amount less $29 for the Entertainment Package.

For the record, I had a look at what's in that Entertainment Package. What a load of rubbish, why would anyone want that? Actually this fiasco has prompted me to rethink what I watch entirely and I am tempted to cancel Foxtel overall. It's very expensive for content which is lacking when compared to other providers. Might be a good time to change...

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Good afternoon,

I received this email from Telstra regarding my Foxtel on Saturday 28/3/2020. Hope this might help explain it for you Smiley Happy

You now have access to Drama, Docos, Entertainment Plus and Multiscreen~ *,
we hope it helps a little

Dear Belinda,

In the spirit of working together in difficult times, we are making changes to help you while social distancing.

From today until 31 May we're adding Drama, Docos, Entertainment Plus and Multiscreen~ to your pack, at no extra cost*.

This makes thousands of hours of additional content available to you, providing an even better entertainment experience at home. You don't need to do a thing - you can start watching straight away!

If you have any questions, please head to the Customer Support pages. Our call centres are working hard to prioritise callers with an immediate need so we appreciate your patience and support as we navigate the challenges ourselves.

Stay safe, stay positive, and please look after one another.

Patrick Delany
CEO
Foxtel Group

Highlighted

No, that does not explain why I have been charged for the service. Thanks for the copy/paste response though, at least it's better than the response from Telstra...

Have a great day Belinda.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Oh well, then there is no further advice we can give here in order to solve your problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Yes Jupiter, there is no further advice you can give. Thank you for agreeing that Telstra customer service is deficient in this respect, that at least offers some cold comfort.
The solution here has been identified to pay only for requested services and in the absence of adequate account servicing direct further enquiries to the ombudsman. Thank you for trying.
Peace out. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Just for your information, Jupiter, I Facebook messaged Telstra and received the following reply:

Due to the impact of COVID-19 on our customer service teams you may experience significantly longer than normal wait times for a reply on our social channels, and we’re working to prioritise responses for those in most urgent need of help, including Medical Priority and high risk enquiries.

- Our Telstra 24x7 and My Telstra apps can help you to manage your account https://tel.st/mngac
- For online help and support, go to https://tel.st/sppt
- For more updates on Telstra and COVID-19, this page will be regularly updated https://tel.st/cv19

...the same old loop!!!

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem with a new charge for ‘Entertainment’ suddenly showing up on my bill. These channels were already included in my package for the last 2 years and suddenly it has been listed as something new to be listed on my bill! Stinks of price gouging to me! I received NO explanation of why my bill has changed or is it that they are trying to convince us that they care??? Not if they add a charge at this time! Contacting them is an impossibility, just a circular process of their advertising. Obviously Telstra designed their ‘problem solving’ with the same care as they treat their long time customers! TELSTRA, at least with COVID 19 I am actually talking to a lot more people on line and on the phone, with being at home a lot more, so I can let more people know about how bad things are faster!!! I am after a resolution not an add!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit