Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Foxtel By Telstra New Home Connection

Has anyone had difficulty trying to arrange to get foxtel by telstra connected to a new build. The moving house team have been assisting me but I have run into a stumbling block with the Foxtel side of things. As it is a new build the Foxtel Strata team advised the moving house team that my builder needs to ring them to get my address registered with them even though Telstra are connecting phone and internet.
When my builder rang them he got nowhere as they didnt know what was needed to be done and why he was even ringing them. Its not a strata property so why the Strata team need to be involved I dont know. The moving team are trying to sort something out but surely it shouldnt be this difficult.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Foxtel By Telstra New Home Connection

Hi there @soak01

That is a little puzzling to hear, if your address is getting connected via us for internet and a landline, there should not be further issues with the address, getting Foxtel connected.

I saw on a previous post from yourself that you attempted to have your internet connected with us, how has this progressed?

Have the moving home team advised you of anything else that would need to be done moving forward?

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Moving team have been great and have organised phone/internet connection. Although the building contractor got nowhere with the strata team I note that all of a sudden the telstra website now states that foxtel by telstra is available????
Something must have happened. My case manager is back Friday so hopefully I'll hear more then but its got me confused.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thank you for the update.

That is rather puzzling to hear, however from what you have told me I would be confident in saying the issue is well on its way to being resolved.

Keep us in the loop with how this one progresses Smiley Happy

- Will

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Well the saga continues.
After a week of messaging the moving team I have now been advised that I cant get Foxtel by cable because the NBN rollout is expected to be complete bt December so no new phone, internet or foxtel infrastructure is being built. Apparently I can get Foxtel by satellite but the moving team is unable to get me an installation appointment at this time.
I contacted Foxtel Direct and if I cancel my service with Telstra (which I am not getting at the moment anyway) they will connect me to the satellite service, give me the IQ3 set top i
Unit and a discounted plan for 6 months.
Why should it be so hard for Telstra and what is the point of waiting for Telstra when Foxtel can do it straight away???
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi soak01, 

Have you been advised why a Foxtel technician appointment is not currently possible? Were you given a follow up time to have this resolved for you? 

Highlighted

Nothing. Except that the moving team will try and get my foxtel processed as standalone and get me an early appointment but no indication of by when.
Also dont understand what processed as standalone means?
If it means seperate accounts for bigpond and foxtel instead of one package, i might as well go to foxtel direct who are offering a better deal.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

If you have been advised that there will be an attempt to have the services not on a Bundle, that may indicate an order issue for the move. 

To ensure this is case managed for you and a satisfactory outcome is reached, I would recommend lodging a formal complaint online here: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

A Complaint Case Manager will follow through with the move of services and connections, and ensure you are on the plan option that best suits your needs. 

If a satisfactory outcome is not possible, they can assist with any disconnections required. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit