CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Foxtel from Telstra Fault and Response

Hi , hope someone can help with this one. I reported my old IQ1 box as being faulty to 132200, and eventually got a live person to talk to me. It was agreed that my box should be replaced at no cost. As I was on cable the fault centre advised that they would upgrade me to satellite connection; as I know nothing about this I declined as all comms in the house works fine on nbn cable. The fault centre then advised that as I would not convert to satellite then I could only be offered an IQ2 and not IQ3 as two connections to the house will not work on IQ3 cable. I am not happy with this as I have been a long and faithful customer of Telstra and I am paying for a premium service with an inferior product. Our primary point has IQ3 and offers so many more options and as my IQ1 is faulty would like Telstra to replace this with IQ3. I am unwilling to pay for this upgrade. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

t

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Foxtel from Telstra Fault and Response

Hi jenniferqs9,

I can appreciate your frustration and disappointment with this. Can you clarify, what type of Foxtel point do you currently have? Is it via Cable? If it's via Cable there is no reason that a 2nd IQ3 box would work.

As this forum is not suitable to discuss account specific issues, best will be to get in touch with us via 132200 so we can discuss this further with you.

-Ern

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thank you, but you do not seem to understand the issues. I rang 132200 and the above was their response. All I ask is that as my iq1 is faulty then Telstra replace this with the most recent hardware ie iq3. Getting so frustrated with all the runaround. I do not want to change to satellite, just want my fault fixed. I am on cable, happy with the service. My contract with Telstra is nearly up and I am so tempted to look at alternatives. So please do not refer me back to 132200 again but suggest a useful suggestion
Highlighted

So I am frustrated, the issue was caused through me calling 132200. What good will calling them back, I was hoping crowd support would provide an alternative solution. I do no want satellite, I just want my fault fixed. We have determined that the hardware is faulty so why cannot Telstra fix this. I have been a consistent and loyal customer of Telstra and now need a resolution before my current contract expires. Your solution is required otherwise crowd support is just paying lip service to customer service.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I apologise @jenniferqs9 as CrowdSupport is a peer support forum and not a Telstra account support channel we're unable to help you with an account based enquiry here, you'll need to speak with our Foxtel support team directly to discuss any available solutions for your request. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit