Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Foxtel Go linked to packages

Answered

I recently signed up for Foxtel on T-Box as part of bundle...then added the Entertainment package and Sports Package in the following days .  I then started up Foxtel Go on an iPad and iPhone.  It took about 4 hours for the Entertainment Package to show on Foxtel Go...but a day or so later...still no go with the Sports Package on Foxtel Go.  Rang TelstraT-Box support who in turn have rung Foxtel (as I am not able to talk to Foxtel directly?)...but no one can seem to solve this matter.  So, I have both Sport and Entertainment packages on my T-Box....but only Entertainment Pacakage on my Apple hardware using Foxtel Go....Sport is show a Lock key sumbol   Any suggestions?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel Go linked to packages

Hi Guys

Unfortunately limited support for Foxtel Go with our T-box customers, but to ensure entitlements are in order on Telstra's end they may need to be checked and pushed through manually from Telstra to Foxtel. 

So if customers who are effected by this please private message me, and we can take it from there.

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I acknowledge CrowdSufer's valuable assistance in fixing my Sport pakage linkage problem....many thanks.

One more related question... can you access the same Foxtel Go services on a PC using Foxtel Play?  (NB: I realise you can only have a limited number of devices linked at any one time to these services; though this may be reset monthly)

I have downloaded the Foxtel Play app onto my PC but noted that whilst very similar to Foxtel Go on iPad, Foxtel Play does not have the seperate logon buttons for Foxtel vs Telstra T-Box subsribers (as per the Foxtel Go version),  Any attempt to logon to Foxtel Play using my Foxtel Go Telstra password fails....  

However, the Telstra Bigpond webpage indicates that "Foxtel Go means you can watch Foxtel content on your compatible tablet, laptop or smartphone."  

Following the available notes & links...this leads you to the Foxtel Play download for PC's as there is no Foxtel Go application for Windows PC (that I can find... even though the image on the laptop on the Telstra webpage appears to be displaying the Foxtel Go logo??).

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi Tech_tonic,

As per Foxtel's website:

Now you can choose the way you watch Foxtel.

With Foxtel Go you can watch some of our most popular channels live on your iPad, iPhone, Mac & PC, and selected Samsung GALAXY devices.

Included as part of your subscription*

So you can definitely user Foxtel Go via PC. Use this link here: http://www.foxtel.com.au/discover/foxtelgo/default.htm and it will download for you a file entitled setupFoxtelGo-141.exe.

You do still need to log in using your My Account/Foxtel Play details.

Cheers, Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Tech-Tonic,

I would recommend to just speak with T-Box Support Team to get this sorted Tech_tonic. It just sounds to me that the order to add the packages has got stock in the system somehow and did not complete properly. So I'd give it couple of days and if there are no issues, then it's fixed. Thanks Tech-tonic.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Well, I spent another 2 hours on the line to T-Box support tonight...and was promised that the problem re the missing Sports package on Foxtel Go would be fixed.  

Again, no sucess.  

After being placed on hold for further 30 mins...I surprisingly found myself talking to Foxtel.  But predictably that was complete waste of time as I have no identity within Foxtel.  As soon as I mentioned I subscribed to Foxtel via T-Box, the Foxtel rep patched me back to the Telsta support line number...and I went back on hold.  Before doing so, the Foxtel rep told me that as a T-Box subscriber, I would only ever be able to see the Startup channels on Foxtel Go.  I said it must be a miracle then that I can see the Entertainment package...and indeed he should look at the Telstra site that states that all T-Box subscribed channels are visble over Foxtel Go.

Frankly...this is a joke.  I specifically purchased the T-Box and Foxtel subscription to access Sports via an iPad (more convenient to viewing than my TV set). What a letdown.  Do I have any grounds to take this to the media ombudsman?  Or is there any other number I can ring within Telstra that could assist me (i.e. the 1300 136 841 support number has proven an absolute failure).      

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Tech-Tonic, so sorry to be reading the expereince you've detailed in your posts and completely understand your frustration, so I want to reach out to our techicnal team on your behalf to get to the bottom of this and work with them on the solution, I'll pm you to grab your account details.

Thanks

CrowdSurfer

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Guys

Unfortunately limited support for Foxtel Go with our T-box customers, but to ensure entitlements are in order on Telstra's end they may need to be checked and pushed through manually from Telstra to Foxtel. 

So if customers who are effected by this please private message me, and we can take it from there.

- Jon

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I acknowledge CrowdSufer's valuable assistance in fixing my Sport pakage linkage problem....many thanks.

One more related question... can you access the same Foxtel Go services on a PC using Foxtel Play?  (NB: I realise you can only have a limited number of devices linked at any one time to these services; though this may be reset monthly)

I have downloaded the Foxtel Play app onto my PC but noted that whilst very similar to Foxtel Go on iPad, Foxtel Play does not have the seperate logon buttons for Foxtel vs Telstra T-Box subsribers (as per the Foxtel Go version),  Any attempt to logon to Foxtel Play using my Foxtel Go Telstra password fails....  

However, the Telstra Bigpond webpage indicates that "Foxtel Go means you can watch Foxtel content on your compatible tablet, laptop or smartphone."  

Following the available notes & links...this leads you to the Foxtel Play download for PC's as there is no Foxtel Go application for Windows PC (that I can find... even though the image on the laptop on the Telstra webpage appears to be displaying the Foxtel Go logo??).

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi Tech_tonic,

As per Foxtel's website:

Now you can choose the way you watch Foxtel.

With Foxtel Go you can watch some of our most popular channels live on your iPad, iPhone, Mac & PC, and selected Samsung GALAXY devices.

Included as part of your subscription*

So you can definitely user Foxtel Go via PC. Use this link here: http://www.foxtel.com.au/discover/foxtelgo/default.htm and it will download for you a file entitled setupFoxtelGo-141.exe.

You do still need to log in using your My Account/Foxtel Play details.

Cheers, Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Help! I have exactly the same issue and keep getting bounced around between Foxtel and Telstra
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @tommykey

There are a number of questions raised here and the thread it quite old. Can you specify where you're running into trouble?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi,

Don't know if you got my other message.

My subscribed channels on the t box are shown on f go but not playing. They have a small grey key above the channel.

Help!!
T
Highlighted

This is the best description:
I recently signed up for Foxtel on T-Box as part of bundle...then added the Entertainment package and Sports Package in the following days . I then started up Foxtel Go on an iPad and iPhone. It took about 4 hours for the Entertainment Package to show on Foxtel Go...but a day or so later...still no go with the Sports Package on Foxtel Go. Rang TelstraT-Box support who in turn have rung Foxtel (as I am not able to talk to Foxtel directly?)...but no one can seem to solve this matter. So, I have both Sport and Entertainment packages on my T-Box....but only Entertainment Pacakage on my Apple hardware using Foxtel Go....Sport is show a Lock key sumbol Any suggestions?
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Tommy, 

Is this still occurring on your end? Have gotten word from our network guys that the entitlements have been updated.

- Jon

Highlighted

JOn I have the same issue can you assist me

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit