Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

Foxtel need to reduce packages wont let me do on line , Telstra cant get through to

Answered

Foxtel you have to be kidding , no sport and Telstra I cant delete packages on line (you can only add of course to make more money), I cant get through on line. I think not paying next Bill may be the only way I get a call from you, disgraceful service like usual except now you just have the COVID-19 excuse

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel need to reduce packages wont let me do on line , Telstra cant get through to

The removal function was there years ago, but people kept accidentally removing their packages and losing their discounts, so they got rid of it.

The only way to remove packages is via 132200 (and yes, it is long wait times).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Foxtel need to reduce packages wont let me do on line , Telstra cant get through to

The removal function was there years ago, but people kept accidentally removing their packages and losing their discounts, so they got rid of it.

The only way to remove packages is via 132200 (and yes, it is long wait times).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I’m also trying to remove channels too. 132200 aren’t taking calls except for critical services- fair enough but what do I do. There is no other venue to remove channels. 

Highlighted

It means that you will just need to wait for the time being. It is unfortunate, but there aren't enough people to deal with everything and Foxtel subscription changes aren't classified as critical services.

Highlighted

I have had the same issue this afternoon trying to call Telstra to cancel my sports package. Spent 90 minutes on the phone and nothing. Even tried downloading their ap, that wasn't working either. Typical crap Telstra. 

Highlighted

All their support staff are in lock-down in Philippines

Highlighted

I've been trying to change my Foxtel channels for months.  First phone call I  thought it was all sorted and the channels I no longer wanted had been removed.  Then I saw my bill 2 months later and called Telstra again.  Only to be told I should have called them earlier.  Not only do I need to request Telstra to manage my account, but I also need to follow up and ensure Telstra is doing their job.   But still, all the channels remain on my account.  The app still gives instructions on how to use My Account to swap packages.  "Go to my account, select Foxtel, select Manage and then select swap package."  There is no swap package option. WTF????  Read today that Telstra cancelled the Swap package option to help the accidental cancellations of channels by clients to help clients.  It's NOT HELPING!

Highlighted

Ive had the same issue for days, Tried online, web, app, chat and email not to mention all numbers  

indicated. Foxtel only have 330,000 customers according to the paper. Cant be that hard. Wont be that many soon with no sport.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

@Pred1 wrote:

Ive had the same issue for days, Tried online, web, app, chat and email not to mention all numbers  

indicated. Foxtel only have 330,000 customers according to the paper. Cant be that hard. Wont be that many soon with no sport.

Same problem here. Pathetic response from Tesltra/Foxtel but a good revenue raiser for them. Poor PR, people will abandon Foxtel in droves once they can get through.

Highlighted

there is a simple solution allow subscribers to log in online and change themselves. 

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi - I'm also trying to remove packages from my Foxtel by Telstra subscription - namely Kids, HD+ and My Other Room. I've just called the number listed 132200 - I called on a Saturday and it says that I should call back during business hours. What is the working hours to contact them?

Also - I've done some search re this and was given two other numbers to call:

131 999
1800 676 088

Are these valid?

Regards

Richie

Highlighted

I agree, Telstra support for Foxtel customers is ZERO at the moment. We are paying for services that are not available.

Highlighted

I have the same problem in that I want to delete sport and add movies but after 45 minute wait I gave up.  Terrible service and to think I am a Telstra shareholder.

Highlighted

131999 is Foxtel

1800 676 088 is Foxtel by Telstra

Highlighted

Fair enough, but long wait times are unacceptable. I work for a living. On Friday I waited on line for an hour and a half. My boss walked past several times. to him, it appeared I was on the phone fr a n hour and a half. And I STILL DIDN'T GET THROUGH. The call was disconnected on their end without any contact. We are needing a way to reduce our spending during this crisis, and Foxtel are conveniently hiding behind the virus as a reason for not answering the calls

Highlighted

They're not hiding behind the virus as a reason for not answering calls, they simply do not have enough staff working because of the virus to handle the volume of calls.

A large number of their call centre staff are in lockdown and can't get to work.

Highlighted

I think we all sympathise re the current situation - I'm sure some of us are also caught up in all of this craziness. However they should at least give us a way to communicate our requests for e.g. an email. I'm happy to wait for a reply even if it takes a couple of days. Their online Live Chat feature is totally useless.

Let's hope things improve soon. Please stay safe everyone.

Highlighted
Level 8: Inspector

Thanks everyone for your feedback. The simplest way all agree is for Telstra (if they actually read the crowd support comments and action) is to reinstate the option for people to be able to remove packages or cancel their subscriptions on line. People are trying to leave in droves this is the issue and Telstra / Foxtel by not giving people the ability to do so are making extra  money every day. People just need to argue their bills when they come in I guess until Telstra rectify.

Highlighted

I have the same issue as others in that my sports subscription is useless so wanted to change to movies or even cancel. Can’t get through any way. Telstra/Foxtel you need to get people on to it or provide the capacity to do online, even if we can send an email and you process them in time. Everyone appreciates that these are difficult times but people will also remember how they were treated by organisation

Highlighted

We could all just cancel our automatic payments until they resolve. Or have they removed that option as well?

Highlighted

Totally agree, I have tried all their suggestions to swap sport for movies and keep running into the same dead end.  Telstra, as a major shareholder of Foxtel ought to be automatically giving access to the full package whilst the sport content is non-existant due to Covid19. My friends who have Foxtel (not through Telstra) have had such access for the last few days but I keep getting Error F104 to upgrade my subscription when I try to watch a movie. Well I tell you what Telstra, when you are able to respond to requests I will upgrade by ringing 13 22 00 and saying "Disconnect."

@luko1 wrote:

Foxtel you have to be kidding , no sport and Telstra I cant delete packages on line (you can only add of course to make more money), I cant get through on line. I think not paying next Bill may be the only way I get a call from you, disgraceful service like usual except now you just have the COVID-19 excuse

@luko1 wrote:

Highlighted

i have been waiting for 2 hours to get telstra to answer my phone Smiley Mad

Highlighted

I think it is a critical service if people can't afford to pay for it

Carolyn Smith
Highlighted

Telstra is the minority shareholder in Foxtel. News Corp Australia owns 65% of Foxtel.

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

All the more reason to allow subscribers to log in online and change themselves. Stop trying to defend Telstra / Foxtel. Customers being forced to pay for unwanted services is criminal and therefore indefensible.

Common sense. So rare it's a SUPERPOWER.
Highlighted

Some of your have suggested that Telstra should update their self serve website to support the ability for us subscribers to add\remove packages - which I fully agreed with.

Since there's been no response and no ability to speak to someone at Telstra via their call centre (13 22 00) - I've called again, waited an hour and gave up - I have sent my requests via 

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Telstra/

Twitter - https://twitter.com/Telstra

Anyone's had any luck getting a response via the above?

Highlighted

Perhaps the only way this will be resolved (that is, customers being able to change/cancel what they order) is if customers do not pay for the services that are not required. Dispute your next bill. Enough people do that and Telstra will be forced to change. At present customers have no voice and the only way is to hit them where it hurts. Money talks.

Highlighted

I have tried twice and been on hold for over 41/2 hours each time and never got through 

Highlighted

You are so right! I've been on hold for 40 mins and still counting, fark em, I'm not going to give up. Shame on you Foxtel! I've been complaining for years about thier ever increasing advertising and their policy of the carpet bombing us with repetitive lame adds!

How did you go? Did they let you cancel the sports package?

Highlighted

Kayo $25

Netflix $13.99

Disney Plus $8.99

Total $47.98

I think it is far better value than Foxtel

Highlighted

Try Foxtel through Foxtel $59 package you get mostly everything plus Netflix - they upgrade to iq4 plus satellite dish for no cost

Highlighted

I had enough and decided to cancel my Foxtel from Telstra subscription. Off course the phone number is impossible to get through - 2 hours wait last time I called. The online self serve tools are useless - every enquiry re-directs you to the chat feature and when in chat, it just takes you to pages that is not relevant!! There is simply no way to initiate a cancellation of my Foxtel from Telstra!! In the meantime, my next bill is due in less than 2 weeks. Some of you have suggested not to pay the bill - unfortunately my home internet is bundled with Foxtel and all I wanted is to remove Foxtel, Anyone had any luck yet contacting Telstra at all? 

p.s. I had to cancelled a number of subscriptions\bookings from Australian as well as overseas suppliers and to date, I've been able to do so via email, self-serve and phone. Telstra is THE ONLY ONE where I could not do anything!! I'm sure these other companies are also experiencing high volumes of calls BUT they were able to get back to their customers - NOT TELSTRA. To think that Telstra is our largest telco in Australia, this experience have definitely left a bad impression on me and others.

Highlighted

this is disgraceful -  you say go online to change packages but that is completely misleading as its only there if its more money for you. If you want reduce package you have to phone. Ive been on hold for 2hours. What can I do as Im continuing to be charged for servicws I dont want

Highlighted

Hey MobileFail,
I have home internet (broadband), mobiles and Foxtel through Telstra. The bill is itemised and shows a cost for each component of the services. There is even detail within each compenent, e.g Foxtel shows which packages and how much each costs.

Can you request an itemised bill? 

Highlighted

Hi all

I have another post on Crowdsupport regarding this topic - i.e. Telstra should allow self cancellation. I've had someone from Telstra responded to this.

You can read about this here - https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Foxtel/Other-options-to-remove-Foxtel-from-Telstra-packages/t...

Highlighted

An update - I've tried the call centre again yesterday and got through in 30mins (!!). Spoke to their Adelaide based rep who is able to assist - I've now cancelled my Foxtel subscription. 

Highlighted

What has happened to Telstra and Foxtel, you can’t phone, message, chat or remove Sport. They don’t even accept my password but won’t give me a new one although they say they are sending me one, but nothing arrives. I have been with Telstra 21 years and Foxtel 12.

Highlighted

Covid-19 has happened. Their call centres in the Philippines and India can't operate as both those countries have placed their citizens in lockdown. Telstra is currently recruiting an extra 1000 call centre consultants in Australia, but they need to go through initial training before they can man the phones.

Highlighted

Covid-19 is being used as a convenient excuse. Customers can add services online, but can't cancel them.
Telstra's phone directs people to online services or an app. The app doesn't allow customers to cancel services and online directs customers back to the phone number.

Not being able to cancel services online was an issue long before Covid-19.
The service is deficient.

It seems the only avenue is to lodge a complaint.

ACCC: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/complaints-problems/make-a-consumer-complaint

TIO: 1800 062 058 (Monday to Friday)

Highlighted

This post sums up my query

Highlighted

So what has changed there was no competent service before the current issues so now Telstra just can change channels on plans but we as customers cant change plans this could be seen accumulating funds under false pretences

Highlighted

You are lucky I gave up after 6 hours at least we are realistic with our levels of expectations from Telstra ie zero at least Telstra satisfies that level consistently

Only option I believe is to bombard the ACCC - https://www.accc.gov.au/eform/accc-accc-complaint/confirm?entityform_id=281934

It will take time but if enough people complain the ACCC will need to respond. Perhaps a Royal Commission into Telstra's licence to operate?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit