CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I want to cancel Foxtel but can't get a response from Telstra

Hello Telstra

Is there enyone out there?  

I have asked to have my Foxtel box upgraded but your service is so appalling that it is impossible to get through to anyone who can help.  I now want to cancel my Foxtel before you increase the charges.  I have tried to do this by a number of means but you are so good at blocking your customers.  I will go to one of your stores to cancel Foxtel and plan to leave as many of your services as I can  as you are an appalling service provider.  

Robin

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: I want to cancel Foxtel but can't get a response from Telstra

Hi Robin,

Just to save you time, don't bother going to a store as they are usually not able to disconnect products, so typically will either bounce you back to the call centre or try sell you something.

If you did want to upgrade the box your best bet would have been to call 131999 and say "plan change" and you'd have gotten through to a team who'd be able to help but alas to disconnect the service;

Your best bet is to call 132200 and between the time of 8:30am and 9pm (AEDT) and say "disconnect", this should get you through to a specific team in Adelaide who are trained in disconnections of products and will be able to help you out. They will be able to go over the details and explain any appropriate billing or charges (if any apply - eg, ETC if still in contract) and arrange the return details for the foxtel box.

This team would also be able to help you with any discussions about any of your other products including any others you may be considering cancelling or changing.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit