Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Other options to remove Foxtel from Telstra packages

Hi all,

I've read through a number of posts submitted earlier regarding the same issue. All said that the only way to remove packages is to call 13 22 00 - there is no way you can do this online.

The problem is that no one is able to get through 13 22 00 - I've called it twice myself and both times, gave up after an hour waiting.

Hence can someone, or even better someone from Telstra advise if there are other options available to do this?

is there an email address I can send my requests to?

Are there plans to add to the online feature the ability to remove packages?

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Other options to remove Foxtel from Telstra packages

It is absolutely rediculous that you can add them but not remove them. Typical of a company that just wants to rip your wallet open. I added movies to my package yesterday with one click. But to remove sport (no AFL at moment) which was my plan to remove one and add one I can’t do it. Then to top it off, 3 hours later I get an email saying g movies are for free. 😡

Highlighted

I had enough and decided to cancel my Foxtel from Telstra subscription. Off course the phone number is still impossible to get through - 2 hours wait last time I called. The online self serve tools are useless - every enquiry re-directs you to the chat feature and when in chat, it just takes you to pages that is not relevant!! There is simply no way to initiate a cancellation from Telstra!!

p.s. I had to cancelled a number of subscriptions\bookings from Australian as well as overseas suppliers and to date, I've been able to do so via email, self-serve and phone. Telstra is THE ONLY ONE where I could not do anything!! I'm sure these other companies are also experiencing high volumes of calls BUT they were able to get back to their customers - NOT TELSTRA. To think that Telstra is our largest telco in Australia, this experience have definitely left a bad impression on me and others.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @MobileFail

Thank you for your post, my apologies for the delayed response and for the issues you're experiencing. 

At the moment our call centres are experiencing high demand and we are doing our best to meet this.

Unfortunately For security and privacy reasons you are unable to request a disconnection online and no one on CrowdSupport has access to your account details.

You will need to speak with our disconnections team via 13 22 00 directly. Just state 'disconnection' for the reason for the call.

The team are available Monday - Friday between 8:00AM - 9:30PM AEST and on Saturday and Sunday between 8:00AM - 8:00PM AEST

My apologies again for the delays currently being experienced. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Re contacting the help desk 8:00AM - 9:30PM AEST - unfortunately this is not correct. I have tried calling the help desk (13 22 00) this week, once at 8:10am, and another day at 8:30am and both times, I was told that the help desk was closed. I believe the hours start at 9am.

I will give the help desk another go and hopefully I will get through.

In the event where I am not able to get through:

- Are there plans to update the self serve web site to allow customers to cancel? I understand that this feature was removed after numerous mistakes. However, if you can set this up such that once a customer has self-cancelled online, a check can be performed by a Telstra accounts person, this will help eliminate any problems. TBH, referring to the Crowdsupport site, a large number of questions posted relate to customers wanting to cancel their subscription or remove packages. Hence having the ability to do this online will reduce the number of calls to the help desk.

- Is there a call back feature for customers to put forward their requests and have someone from the help desk to call back?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @MobileFail

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately I am not privy to any such plans or call back features at the moment. 

We are monitoring this forum to point customers in the right direction. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

"For security and privacy reasons you are unable to request a disconnection online"...

I do not believe this, because wouldn't the same security and privacy reasons stop people swapping or adding packages, which they can currently do online?

It seems like Telstra is perfectly comfortable for customers to add Foxtel services online, but make it ridiculously difficult for customers to cancel Foxtel services at all. This situation is not related to Covid-19, this is a failure by a large company to provide adequate customer support.

Consumers are protected by guarantee under Australian Consumer Law.

(https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees)

Consumers have the right to cancel services under Australian Consumer Law.

(https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/cancelling-a-service)

Consumers have the means to make a complaint.

(https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/complaints-problems/make-a-consumer-complaint)

CUSTOMERS SHOULD RIGHTLY COMPLAIN !!!

Common sense. So rare it's a SUPERPOWER.
Highlighted

An update - I've tried the call centre again yesterday and got through in 30mins (!!). Spoke to their Adelaide based rep who is able to assist - I've now cancelled my Foxtel subscription. 

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

It's great that you've been able to do that, MobileFail, good news.

I still think that customers should be able to manage their own services/subscription online, that is not just add or swap packages, but cancel packages too.

Let's hope that all this prompts Telstra to have a look at what they are offering and improve services in future.

Common sense. So rare it's a SUPERPOWER.
Highlighted

Totally in agreement here. Let’s hope Telstra do the right thing. To be honest, if I was given the ability to manage the removal of packages via self serve, I would probably have kept my Foxtel subscription.   Thanks for your input No1_Customer.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

We are in a similar situation have tried to call. and Telstra have tried to call. And Telstra been on the phone for hours no replies been on the phone for hours no replies  all I am looking for replacement hotel iq3 adapter it seems as nowhere to get it it seems as no way to get hold of someone to send one

Highlighted

Hi - it took me 4 attempts calling their call centre before finally getting through to someone at Telstra. They also replied to my requests via Twitter (https://twitter.com/telstra) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Telstra/). I suggest you keep trying. Hope this helps.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit