Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
deanmanners
Telstra Products & Services Team

Re: Activate Game Optimiser

Hi @enomis, if you PM your @bigpond.com subscriber ID or Serial Number we'll check it out for you.

BigDavo
Level 1: Cadet

It'll be because they're using the Arcadyan Gen 2 modem.

I get the same thing.

enomis

Thanks very much for the superfast response and resolution! 

MrShaneL
Level 2: Rookie

Hi, I am having the same problem as others here due to having purchased a new modem from a Telstra shop many months ago, presumably not assigned to my account. I attempted to send you my details and serial via pm, in the hopes that you could enable my modem which is the technicolor - DJA0231, however you are not accepting PM's. Is there any way that I can get my modem activated?

EDIT: I was able to PM my details to Dean.

Thanks

-Shane

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Do let us know if you were able to get it successfully activated.

MrShaneL

NdFraser, unfortunately I haven't yet received any response. As you are not accepting PM's, is there some other way I can get my details do you? I'm assuming that you're the most appropriate point of contact for this?

Thanks,

-Shane

MrShaneL

Dean was able to help me out with this and I'm happy to say that Game Optimiser has now been activated on my modem. Thanks for following up.

-Shane

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Thanks for the update Shane, glad to hear Dean was able to get it all sorted for you.

MuRFi3

I am having the same issue, I have an  Arcadyan Modem and when i go into Extras tab on app it has nothing listed. Any Help would be appreciated.

deanmanners

Hi @Murf - whats your devices serial number? we'll check it out 

MuRFi3

Serial Number

ARC2012956386
MuRFi3

Sorry to bother you again, but after you helped me get the game optimiser added to my extras tab yesterday, I have tried multiple times to activate it. It says that it will activate and could take up to an hour and modem may reset, but it never does and I then notice that it is turned off in app again and I have to do it again. I have also tried rebooting modem, but no luck, how can I get this activated?

deanmanners

Sorry for the wait @MuRFi3 !  Having our back end teams investigate yours and a couple of others activation orders this morning, will message back once I have more detail

MuRFi3

Much appreciated, will wait for your response.

cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I had the same problem. Had to try several times. before switch stayed on. I think it took 24 hours before the switch stayed on.

MuRFi3

@cf4 wrote:

I had the same problem. Had to try several times. before switch stayed on. I think it took 24 hours before the switch stayed on.

I'll keep trying, because it hasn't been 24hrs yet, and hopefully @deanmanners  will get back to me with good news. 

MuRFi3

All activated...Thank you again.

bob565
Level 3: Gumshoe

Im having the same issue, do i keep trying or is there something wrong 

abra1

I have an Arcadyan LH1000 on FW: 0.12.15r, I don't see game optimiser in the "extras" tab on the app. Do I have to apply somewhere for it I'm on the NBN50 plan?

Dmau

Hi i was wondering if i could jump in and join the beta

Serial No: ARC1844240085

nothing in my extras tab.
MuRFi3

It is no longer in Beta, it has officially released with 1 free month trail, and then a $10 monthly fee after the trial ends. If you can't see the activation in extras tab on the app, then post here, as the Telstra Products & Services Team  helped me get access.

Dmau

Ive been trying since last friday in the netduma forums.

No Telstra support to sort it out..the poor community manager over there is about to have a stroke.

Serial No: ARC1844240085

nothing in my extras tab.

MuRFi3

Being the weekend I don't think anyone can help you at the moment, but @deanmanners was the one who helped me get it added to extras tab, and as pointed out by  

Hope you get it fixed soon.

Dmau

Cheers, looking forward to some of the features it brings Smiley Tongue

abra1

Hi Dean, would I be able to get access to the game optimiser. Thank you

Serial No: ARC2006920035
Firmware Number: 0.12.15r
Arcadyan LH1000
Dmau

Any news still not seeing anything in extras tab

Device s/n ARC1844240085

Cheers

colin.

Dmau

Thanks for all your help, all activated now, loving the layout and options..

thanks!

@deanmanners 

sztraka

Hi @deanmanners - could I please trouble you to check out mine as well? no 'Extras' tab showing up on app. My devices serial number is: ARC1923595230

Having these QoS features on my modem has been something I've wanted for a long time, and have strongly considered moving to a new provider because it hasn't been an option. Really hoping this works!

Cheers.

deanmanners

Hi @sztraka, you have the right modem and firmware version, but unfortunately Game Optimiser is currently only available for purchase to our customers with fixed line NBN access, sorry.
We may in the future offer to NBN fixed wireless subscriber, which I note your area is covered by.  So have noted down your username, in case we need testers for a trial in the future.  Regards

sztraka

Thanks @deanmanners for checking, that's a real shame that it's only available for fixed line NBN as these QoS features are especially needed for those of us who are unable to get decent NBN connections due to location and therefore reduced to a substandard ADSL connection. At the moment all it takes is for someone in my household to be downloading to make the internet barely usable... not just gaming, but barely able to load a page. Get them to stop the download, and all the sudden it's fine (normal being about 10-11Mbps). So for some baffling reason the modem directs over 90% of bandwidth priority to the one downloading. Doesn't seem to be an issue so much with concurrent users streaming, only actual downloads, particularly bad with game updates as they're huge. Point is... I really really need QoS features on my modem so hoping you guys do get the trial going for us lowly ADSL'ers. Cheers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit