Tritta
Level 3: Gumshoe

Activate Game Optimiser

Answered

The new Game Optimiser product went live today at 12pm for BETA trial and after making sure that my services are eligible (NBN service, Gen 2 smart modem with serial starting with CP), I cannot see in the app or online how to activate. 

I have followed the steps provided from online chat and still cannot see 'extras' section when on my broadband service or anything that may link to Game Optimser add on. 

Am I the only one or is there another way to take up this product?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert
Accepted Solution

Re: Activate Game Optimiser

Hi all, Fraser here from the DumaOS team. There has been some issues with the activation from Telstra's side and it will now be delayed until Thursday. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

View solution in original post

tjw101
Telstra Products & Services Team
Accepted Solution

Hey @Tritta, @Sully5 @yoshi191 and others who are in search of an update. I know you have been interested to get your hands on Telstra's Game Optimiser with the DumaOS via our Smart Modem, and we are super keen to get you to try it out. Unfortunately, we have had an unforeseen issue with one of our IT applications, meaning we couldn't get the firmware activated in the timeframe we intended. The team has been working hard to fix the issue. At this stage, it is looking more likely that we can start the beta in the next week or so. I apologise for the frustration this has caused, but we'll get it out as soon as we can. Thanks Tristan.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
79 REPLIES 79
yoshi191
Level 1: Cadet

same issue here.

Sully5
Level 4: Private Eye

Same issue here as well

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert
Accepted Solution

Hi all, Fraser here from the DumaOS team. There has been some issues with the activation from Telstra's side and it will now be delayed until Thursday. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Tritta

Thanks for the update Fraser. Maybe a suggestion to update the how to activate section as the app does not have the relevant sections to get to. This may confuse a few people including myself on how to activate when it does land on Thursday.

Sully5

Anyone know if it's still happening today? 

Tritta

My guess would be 12pm as that was the time they tried to launch it on Tuesday.

Sully5

I'm guessing there has been another delay?

tjw101
Accepted Solution

Hey @Tritta, @Sully5 @yoshi191 and others who are in search of an update. I know you have been interested to get your hands on Telstra's Game Optimiser with the DumaOS via our Smart Modem, and we are super keen to get you to try it out. Unfortunately, we have had an unforeseen issue with one of our IT applications, meaning we couldn't get the firmware activated in the timeframe we intended. The team has been working hard to fix the issue. At this stage, it is looking more likely that we can start the beta in the next week or so. I apologise for the frustration this has caused, but we'll get it out as soon as we can. Thanks Tristan.

Sully5

Thanks for the update, will there be an update for MyTelstra as there currently isn't an "Extras" option anywhere on the app or will it appear on release? 

tjw101

Hey @Sully5 , once we push the offer live, the "Extras" Tab should become visible in the Internet Summary page of the MyTelstra app. If there is no available offer or trial, the Extras tab is hidden. 

Tritta

Thanks for the update @tjw101, will have to keep an eye out next week in the app. 

tjw101

Testing on the fix is going well - aiming to go live Wednesday or Thursday if all goes well. Thanks for the patience. 

Sully5

Hi,

I was wondering if Game Optimiser is not working for anyone else? I've enabled in MyTelstra but it's still disabled according to my router. I called Telstra who said they were going to redo the order but it's still not showing up.

Thanks

Sully5

Now also tried restarting the Telstra Smart Modem and factory resetting but still isn't working; I've also tried to enable the setting multiple times but it never seems to go through. Does anyone have any tips?

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Hi Sully5, I believe it may have been available briefly but the plan is still to have it available tomorrow so let us know if you have trouble enabling it tomorrow.

tjw101

Hey @Sully5 ,

My team was conducting some live testing yesterday afternoon, and have now turned it off.

We are in plan to go live again at 1pm today. Once that comes around, have a look again in the MyTelstra app and see if you can get to the GUI via your login in. Activate it, if it is showing as not active.

If you have issues, or can't access the interface, just let us know.

tjw101

@Tritta , @Sully5 , @yoshi191  - we are now live, thanks for your patience and look forward to hearing some feedback. 

Sully5

Thanks for your hard work and letting me know, unfortunately I'm experiencing the same activation issue. 

deanmanners

Hi @Sully5, whats your serial number we'll check it out for you

Sully5

Thank you very much, I messaged you all the details. 

deanmanners

Thanks @Sully5should now be active on your modem.  Enjoy and do leave us feedback once you've had a good play around with it https://www.telstra.com/game-optimiser-feedback

Dazza1033
Level 2: Rookie

Hi I seem to have the same issue. There is nothing under extras to activate

I have a Technicolor DJA0231

Dazza
deanmanners

Hi @Dazza1033,
                     It might be there is a record mismatch, indicating to our eligibility checks that you have a different type of modem (often happens if we've shipped you a replacement during a fault).  Its something that we're improving with the eligibility checks in coming weeks.  If you PM me your serial I'll check it out for your account cheers

Tritta

Hi @tjw101 ,

All is up and running on my end, thank you for your support. 

My early feedback is with the Geo Filter and ping heatmap map, you do not have the ability to move the map. You can zoom in however not in the intended area which makes it very hard especially as Australia is in the bottom right hand corner. 

It would also be nice to have some support ideas on what to touch vs not touch. The user guide is very clean and easy to digest but thinking for more the non technical people it would be nice to have a stronger understanding of suggestions. 

Thanks

tjw101

Hi @Tritta, this is good feedback.

We will look to centre the maps on Australia in the next build. 

To explore the point more on the "touch vs not touch" - is it that you are concerned you might negatively impact other household members or yourself if you make a change to something? 

If so, then are you looking for more visible guidance on the potential implications of making such a change? (e.g. if you untick "share excess" in the QoS app, then most of your devices, unless you increase bandwidth to them, will have restricted bandwidth)

Tritta

@tjw101 
That is good to hear regarding the map.

Yes that would help I feel with a little more guidance on what changes can impact what. 

I was more thinking on having something explained maybe in the app before you refer to the guide as to what is already done (automatically) and then what you as the user have control over to give a more customised experience. Just a thought.

tjw101

Hi @Tritta ,

Understand - differentiate what is set by default (Traffic Prioritisation for Gaming, evenly distributed QoS with excess shared) and what a user can change (change QoS weighting, set congestion control, set geo-filter).

Do you think this can just be written? or should we use video content? 

Tritta

@tjw101 

I would definitely recommend a video tutorial, nothing too big just a nice simple introduction to the product and what each feature does and how to customise.  

SHIYAM

Hi Fraser - good to see NetDuma being launched though Telstra you're going to be one busy man! 

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Hi SHIYAM, thank you! I certainly will be but happy to help Smiley Happy

Tritta

Hey @tjw101 

I keep getting this error whilst trying to access the QoS section: 

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': libs/libos.EC:314: attempt to index local 'e' (a nil value) -> stack traceback: libs/lua_error.EC:3: in function <libs/lua_error.EC:2> libs/libos.EC:314: in function 'implements_netgear_specification' main.EC:37: in function 'load_settings' rpc.EC:84: in function 'r' event.EC:125: in function <event.EC:115> [C]: in function 'xpcall' libs/lua_error.EC:6: in function 'try' event.EC:115: in function <event.EC:103> [C]: in function 'run' exec.EC:116: in function <exec.EC:111> [C]: in function 'xpcall' libs/lua_error.EC:6: in function 'try' exec.EC:111: in function <exec.EC:87> (tail call): ? files/cli.EC:9: in function <files/cli.EC:3> [C]: in function 'xpcall' files/cli.EC:13: in main chunk [C]: ?

Is there anything that can be done?

tjw101

Hi Tritta,

Thanks for picking this up. We have managed to replicate this issue. Seems to be caused by leaving the DumaOS GUI open on the QoS app for too long. 

We are going to be fixing this in the next firmware release, which should start rolling out early next month. 

In the meantime, power cycling your router should fix it, and not keeping the QoS page open for too long should avoid the error. Sorry for the inconvenience but we are fixing it. Thanks for the help! 

Faizz

Hi @deanmanners @NdFraser @tjw101,

I am having activating issues as well. I did manage to update the firmware after a few restarts and factory reset. My current Firmware Number is 18.1.c.0543-950-RA. Previously, I had the Telstra Smart Gen 1 modem but recently upgraded to Technicolor DJA0231. I have the Game Optimiser status as Not Active on my router's login page but on My Telstra App I don't the Telstra Game Optimser add-on option under Services > Internet (NBN FTTP 100/40) > Extras. It says Nothing to see here, You don't have any add-ons to display. I was wondering, if you could activate it from your end please!

I have been waiting for more then 48 hours now, hoping that it will pop but no luck.

Thanks in Advance, Faiz

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Hi @Faizz is this before or after you have ordered Game Optimiser? 

BigDavo

The Game Optimiser:

I always enable it in app, says the modem is going to reboot at some point, even manually rebooting the modem doesn't apply it.

Then after a while, it deactivates from the app and then I'll try again and the same thing.

It is never active on the Smart Gen 2 Arcadyan, even though it's got the latest firmware on it. Game Optimiser is there, just not enabled.

I've tried another smart gen 2 modem that I've got and the same thing.

No luck!

Faizz

Sorry, what do you mean? Which Order? I don't have the option in my Telstra account to activate it on my modem.

According to the telstra.com guide, All I need to have is a compatible gen 2 modem then activate though my telstra app.

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

@BigDavo Game Optimiser isn't currently available for Arcadyan but we're working on that right now. 

@Faizz @tjw101 Any reason Faizz wouldn't have the option available to enable Game Optimiser?

Faizz

Any updates would be appreciated, I can provide my SN or any other information required to activated it from Telstra's end. @tjw101 @NdFraser

deanmanners

Thanks @NdFraser 

Hi @Faizz, I've checked out your service and your connected modem is the eligible type, however your account records reflect an older device.  We're improving our pre-order checks in MyTelstra to check your actual connected modem to solve that problem in the coming weeks, so it would be available for customers like yourself then. In meantime have am getting your account records updated, but am interested - did you upgrade to the Gen2 Smart Modem through a shop purchase or fault replacement?  Thanks

Faizz

Thanks, @deanmanners , Got your private message as well. I am at work at the moment I'll check it as soon as I'm home to see if it's activated or not. I got the Gen 2 Smart Modem from my Manager, for work reasons and I have to return it as soon as I learn everything about it. I work for Telstra. 

Thanks for the help, I'll ping you privately if it's not activated.

Thanks, Faizz

Cathgar1

My Gen 2 modem shows the game optimiser icon at login screen.

But do not have the activation on the Telstra app under extras.

Do not have an extras tab in the online account as well.

So unable to activate it.

deanmanners

Hi @Cathgar1, what is your Smart Modem's serial number, I'll check it out for you.

Cathgar1

It's an Arcadyan so don't think game optimiser works on it, even though the icon is there on login screen.

PM re S/N sent.

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Hi @Cathgar1 it isn't currently available for Arc but it has been in Alpha before which is why you may see it appearing to be available. We are working on the beta for Arc as we speak.

FastEd

If you’re after an Arcadyan beta tester please let me know!

FastEd

If you’re after an Arcadyan beta tester please let me know!

SaltySquirrel

Hi, I looking for QoS support from Telstra for awhile and have Ben thinking about going to another ISP. Today, I accessed my modem for my HFC service and found “Game Optimiser” in active, so went searching for it, however, it doesn’t appear under “Extras” in the My Telstra app or via the Internet, Why and what can I do. Cheers

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

@SaltySquirrel are you using the Technicolor or Arcadyan modem?

enomis

I can get to the option to "Add Game Optimiser" switch on but after clicking Confirm, I keep getting an error red x Game Optimiser was not added. Please try again. What can I do to activate it? I thought it might be a problem with parental controls so I switched them off but still same error message.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit