Charlies12
Level 1: Cadet

Game Optimiser

Answered

Hi Guys,

Have been trying for 2 days to activate Game Optimiser both through Telstra app and most recently via a direct order from a Telstra BOH consultant. Order has cleared in my order history but not showing up in my modem. I have Telstra smart modem Gen 2.0, firmware version 0.13.01r Gateway model is Arcadyan LH1000 Connected to HFC NBN. Can send through modem serial number if that helps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
deanmanners
Telstra Products & Services Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Game Optimiser

Hi @Charlies12, I had the team at fix.telstra.com check it out and your issue wasnt game optimiser, it was a speed upgrade problem which should now be resolved.  If you power cycle your modem(s), it should be resolved.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Is that your full firmware version number? I think you're on quite an old version, can you provide your serial number as well please?

Charlies12

Hi NdFraser,

I am having a lot of trouble with my internet at home since activating Game Optimiser. It first started with my bandwidth speeds changing everyday to 12Mb down 1Mb up (actual connection is 50Mb down 20Mb up). But now no matter what I do my upload speed is throttled to under 1Mb which is causing my wife and alot of issues we both work from home and now have to hot spot our phones. I have tried disabling QoS completely including from three lines in congestion control and every place I can find it. Last night I requested to have Game Optimiser completely removed. Can you please help make sure it is gone as currently when I login to 192.168.0.1 it keeps bringing up the DumaOS menu.

<removed for your privacy>

deanmanners
Accepted Solution

Hi @Charlies12, I had the team at fix.telstra.com check it out and your issue wasnt game optimiser, it was a speed upgrade problem which should now be resolved.  If you power cycle your modem(s), it should be resolved.

View solution in original post

Charlies12

Ah thats amazing thanks Dean! I was wondering if it was something I did.

Is my speed upgrade still going ahead, I have been tryinbg to get it upgrade for awhile and orders keep getting stuck

deanmanners

Great to hear its fixed @Charlies12 and a little relieved it wasnt Game Optimiser, the speed upgrade order will still be progressing - you can use https://www.ordertracker.telstra.com.au/ to check the status.  You should have an order number to search with that would have come in an email

tingGG2

Hi can someone help me with game optimiser also? It says im not eligible when i click add. So what connection would it be to be able to get it ?

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Hi @tingGG2 you need "nbn fixed line broadband plan (incompatible with nbn Basic speed plans and Fixed Wireless and Ultrafast add-on)" and a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 in order to add on Game Optimiser. If you are eligible but it's not appearing then please provide your serial number and the team can take a look.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit