WalkingAttack
Level 1: Cadet

'Game Optimizer' icon is not showing on login website

I had activated Game Optimizer a week ago. 

I can still not see the 'Game optimizer' icon shown on the login page, which is instanced by 'Telstra Air'.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: 'Game Optimizer' icon is not showing on login website

The modem requires Firmware version 0.12.09r (Arcadyan) or 18.1.c.0543-950-RA (Technicolor). The version number is displayed on top LHS of modem's log in page.

WalkingAttack

The version showing is 18.1.c.0462-950-RB.

While I have no idea how to upgrade or change the firmware version lol.

cf4

The firmware should automatically update. You can try factory resetting modem by pressing reset button located on back of modem near LAN port 2 for at least 10 seconds. If modem does not update with in 24 hours after reset contact support. They will have to push a firmware update to your modem.

deanmanners
Telstra Products & Services Team

Hi @WalkingAttack - Whats your device serial number? We'll have the devices team look at why yours has stuck on that old firmware version.

WalkingAttack

Here it is.

deanmanners

Hi @WalkingAttack, it looks like upgrades have been tried in the past but failed.  The team suggesting having a fault raised and they'll try to force an upgrade.

If you identify needing assistance with "Game Optimiser Support" in our IVR (13 22 00) or live chat, and then advise the operator you have Game Optimiser subscribed but your Smart Modem isnt running the latest firmware.  They should escalate the case to a Level3 team who will try to action the upgrade for you.

Sorry I was hoping to be able to initiate it overnight for you, but it happens on the spot and we didnt want to possibly interrupt your internet connection during the day un-announced.

Hi9

Hello! Are you able to also assist me, I can't seem to find the option to activate either.

deanmanners

Hi @Hi9 - If you DM me your @bigpond.com ID I'll check it out, but the option to activate should be showing in your MyTelstra app > Internet Service > Extras

AussieWolfie29

I have the same issue, mine is stuck on factory firmware and won’t update, still at 0.10.05r

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

@AussieWolfie29 PM @deanmanners your ID and serial number and he can take a look for you.

deanmanners

Hi @AussieWolfie29 
If you identify needing assistance with "Game Optimiser Support" in our IVR (13 22 00) or live chat, and then advise the operator you have Game Optimiser subscribed but your Smart Modem is stuck on an old firmware.  They should escalate the case to a Level3 team who will try to action the upgrade for you manually, the forced upgrades unfortunately can be scheduled at a system level, so they'll likely try to organise a window of time when they can have the modem rebooting.
Your device is running a version thats several years old, so there will be a couple of incremental upgrades that will need to get done to get you update the current version.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit