cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Game Optimizer preventing access to modem settings and slowing down web browsing.

Has any one else had any problems logging into there modem and slow access to websites?

I have had game optimizer enabled on my modem (DJA0231) for just over 48 hours and have noticed that after about 24 hours internet browsing is sluggish. Some times it takes several attempts of clicking on link for site to start loading. It also is no longer possible to access the modem's log in screen. The only cure is to turn modem off and then back on.

Have not altered any settings in game optimizer.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Re: Game Optimizer preventing access to modem settings and slowing down web browsing.

For access, try using Google Chrome, if you are already then clear the browser cache/cookies and try again please. When you notice browsing being sluggish, are your speeds restricted?

cf4

Re: Game Optimizer preventing access to modem settings and slowing down web browsing.

When the problem occurred it happened on several devices including an android device using Google Chrome as a browser. Did not run a speed test but next time it occurs will run a speed test.

The fact that rebooting modem fixes the problem tends to indicate it is a modem problem particularly the DUMAOS software on the modem as there was no problems before Telstra Optimizer was enabled.

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

I think this could be an issue with Ping Heatmap causing potential disconnects/reboots. We've since fixed this and it will be in the next version. Please do keep us updated though as to whether it happens again.

cf4

@NdFraser 

Is there anyway for posting feed back on Telstra Optimizer as I have noticed several limitations with the GUI.

1. There is no where to log out of the modrm apart from closing the browser.

2. When using a small screened device not all of the page fits on the screen. For example the righthand side of the Connection Benchmark page is missing and there is no option to scroll horizontally.

3. Would have preferred  normal home page to appear when logging into the modem with a link to the DUMAOS settings on the home page. Having the DUMAOS menu down LHS of page takes up a lot of screen space on a small display even when minimized.

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

For feedback you can make a new topic here or on our own forum here: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/136-telstra-game-optimiser-support/

1. If you click the 3 line icon on the top right of the interface, can you log out there?
2. We haven't optimized for Mobile browsers as we are working on an app instead, it is still a work in progress so not all features are available there but if you search DumaOS in your app store you can find it there.
3. I'll request to see if we can have the normal home page present.

cf4

Thanks for the link.

Clicking on the three dots top right does not provide an option to log out. There is an option when you go to Telstra Settings.

I have already installed the app but as you have already mentioned it dose not have all the functions of the browser app.

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

I've requested the log out feature to the devs so we'll see if we can do something there. The app is in Alpha at the moment so it's still early days but we're continuing to add more features and improvements for it. If there is anything specifically you'd like to see in the app I can make a request for it.

cf4

It is hard to decide which function to add. They are all powerfull tools. The ping heat map is probably the most useful.

I have noticed a minor bug with the app. On the Device Type you can't select Smart home device. It will revert to computer even when the device has been set to Smart home device using a web browser.

There are no bugs with the Web browser Device manager but I would like to see a confirmation message when save is selected.

I have also noticed that if you close the web browser and then open the browser again and try to log back into modem the modem's  normal home page is loaded. In order to load the DUMAOS dashboard must log out and then log back in. Have noticed this on both the Technicolor and Arcadyan modem.

The good news is that the DUMAOS is no longer effecting Web traffic or preventing me loging into modem.

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Thank you very much for that information, I've requested the feature and marked the bugs.

cf4

I have noticed another problem with the DUMAOS app and Arcadian modem

LH1000 version 0.12.09r

DUMAOS version 3.0.124

The app can only connect to modem if you are logged in on a web browser or have logged in on web browser in past 30 minutes. If you manually log out of thr modem on the browser  the app can no longer reconnect to modem.

This problem occurs on both IOS and Android versions of the app. The time out period on app might be too short as it takes longer to login using browser on the Arcadyan modem than on the Technicolor modem.. It seems to me the Arcadyan modem does not have enough power to run DUMAOS. Functions load slowly and the CPU are always running at 100%

I accidently deleted one of the panels in the Web browser by tapping the pin icon. Is there any way to restore these panels without resteing DUMAOS?

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Thank you, I'll pass that on to the developer to verify. Yes you can re-pin the panel. If for example you unpinned a QoS panel then go to the QoS page and you can click the pin icon on the top right of the particular panel. It will be pinned when the ping icon is solid white.

cf4

Thanks for reply. 

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - just a thought - is your Arcadyan at 0.12.15r now and still showing 100% CPU usage - maybe those continuous Thor health checks that filled up the log file in 0.12.09r were not helping matters. I haven't understood with Game Optimiser, if there two concurrent OS systems operating in parallel with different tasks in some special Virtual configuration mode. With Netgear and Netduma R2 routers, it's just one OS - Netduma 3.0 which must be easier on the CPU load.

cf4

From what I can see the DUMAOS operating system sits on top of the existing operating system and is like another desktop on a Linux operating system and has a few extra programs running in the background along side the original modem's programs. The T settings take you to the modem's normal home screen.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit