petacoates
Level 1: Cadet

How do I activate Game Optimiser?

Answered

I downloaded the app, went into services, clicked on internet, and then extras, and it says "nothing to see here"?

I followed the instructions found on the telstra website and there's no option to purchase game optimiser? Thanks for any answers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
deanmanners
Telstra Products & Services Team
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I activate Game Optimiser?

Thanks @cf4 

Hi @petacoates, if you could retry in your MyTelstra app now you should see Game Optimiser. 
Its likely that your billing account doesnt have record of your Gen 2 Smart Modem - this commonly occurs if you bought the modem outright from a store, inheritted it otherwise or had one of our field technicians replace it during a fault.
We implemented an IT improvement this evening, that enables the app to see what Smart Modem you have connected to your service live - so if you have an compatible modem Game Optimiser will be shown.

If its still not showing for you and you have a Gen 2 modem, send through the serial number to me via PM.  Thanks

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

To have game optimiser appear in the list of extras send a private message to @deanmanners with the serial number of your modem. The serial number is displayed on the top left hand side of modem's log in page (http://192.168.0.1).

deanmanners
Accepted Solution

Thanks @cf4 

Hi @petacoates, if you could retry in your MyTelstra app now you should see Game Optimiser. 
Its likely that your billing account doesnt have record of your Gen 2 Smart Modem - this commonly occurs if you bought the modem outright from a store, inheritted it otherwise or had one of our field technicians replace it during a fault.
We implemented an IT improvement this evening, that enables the app to see what Smart Modem you have connected to your service live - so if you have an compatible modem Game Optimiser will be shown.

If its still not showing for you and you have a Gen 2 modem, send through the serial number to me via PM.  Thanks

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit