DFB2126
Level 1: Cadet

How long to activate Game Optimiser

Answered

Hi there, I'm wondering if someone can assist. I'm trying to activate Game Optimiser on my Telstra Gen 2 modem. I get a message that it's activated via the Telstra services site. But, it won't show as active on the modem, even after several hours, and a couple of modem resets.

How long does it usually take to activate? I've even de-activated and re-activated it based on the trouble shooting documentation. But no luck.

Any guidance or information would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
deanmanners
Telstra Products & Services Team
Accepted Solution

Re: How long to activate Game Optimiser

Hi @DFB2126 , sorry for the troubles here!  Activation normally takes ~5 minutes from order, and the order has completed for your service.  However it looks like your modem is running on mobile backup, rather than its main NBN connection (is the light on the front of your modem blue?).  This would prevent the Game Optimiser status from pulling down and otherwise be a less than ideal internet connection, especially for gaming.

Would suggest engaging our support team directly to investigate and troubleshoot the NBN connection as  unfortunately I cant lodge a fault on your behalf over CrowdSupport.

http://fix.telstra.com/  or  13 22 00

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It should activate within 24 hours at the most.

Which firmware version is your modem running (updated firmware usually gets pushed out overnight)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
DFB2126

Thanks for the comment. The firmware version is: 18.1.c.0585-MR7.1-RA. I think this is the most recent one.

Unfortunately, there's been no change overnight - Game Optimiser is still not showing as active.

NdLiam
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Sorry to hear this! Could you please let us know the serial number for your modem and we can take a look as to what the issue might be?

DFB2126

Thanks NdLiam. My modem serial number is: CP1949RAJSU

NdLiam
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

No problem, I'll speak with the team and we'll get back to you.

deanmanners
Accepted Solution

Hi @DFB2126 , sorry for the troubles here!  Activation normally takes ~5 minutes from order, and the order has completed for your service.  However it looks like your modem is running on mobile backup, rather than its main NBN connection (is the light on the front of your modem blue?).  This would prevent the Game Optimiser status from pulling down and otherwise be a less than ideal internet connection, especially for gaming.

Would suggest engaging our support team directly to investigate and troubleshoot the NBN connection as  unfortunately I cant lodge a fault on your behalf over CrowdSupport.

http://fix.telstra.com/  or  13 22 00

View solution in original post

DFB2126

Hi deanmanners, thanks for looking into this and your time with it. The light on the front of the modem is green, and I think has been green all day. But, I'll raise it with the support team now! Thanks again for your time.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit