Williamdib
Level 3: Gumshoe

HOW TO APPLY A DEDICATED SERVER USING GAME OPTIMISER!

I Finally received the Telstra game optimiser and it is so far GREAT!

I want to ask if any tech knows how to properly use the GEO FILTER section, I've put a 3000km radius on NSW but games like fortnite when searching for a game sometimes run off a host over seas mostly China and America!

Out of 15 game searches it host from Sydney's dedicated server and this gives me the absolute best gaming experience, NO LAG and NO PACKET LOSS!! I'm here to ask, HOW CAN I LOCK IN TO ALWAYS RUN OFF THE SYDNEY DEDICATED SERVES VIA THE GEOFILTER? NO not allowing the server will help it doesn't, only allowing over seas "Peers" will allow me to get into the games but horrible ping of 150-300ms and Packet loss. So basically can We lock in to use this Host always or what can we do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Re: HOW TO APPLY A DEDICATED SERVER USING GAME OPTIMISER!

Hi William, glad you're enjoying Game Optimiser! Could you provide me with a screenshot of your entire Geo-Filter page when you're in a game/when you see a host being allowed outside your radius please? This will allow me to see what is happening exactly and then advise properly.

Williamdib

This is it hosting from America it says 9 ms on the ping box but in game its all over the place with bad ping and packet loss !

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Okay so that is either whitelisted by us (required for online play) or you have added it to your allow list, have you done that?

Williamdib

I have to click allow every time to join the overseas server.

why cant i play always on a Sydney server?

Williamdib

like this!! why cant i always be connected to a sydney server ?

in game its set to OCE servers

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Try this please, go to the Device Manager and give your PC the PlayStation device type. Then delete the Device from the Geo-Filter and re-add it with the Manual option, does it filter any better then?

Williamdib

Williamdib

NO!!!

It made it worse.
Ping heatmap shows 6-10ms in game on no where near, lol.

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

You're playing Fortnite is that right? If so their matchmaking system is a bit odd in that it only attempts to connect to a server once it's loading into a game/that run around pre-game lobby. So that is the only time we can block the host if it's outside your radius. So for Fortnite basically to ensure you get a game you want you'll have to quit and research until you get the right one. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit