bob565
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra game optimizer

Hello, does anyone know if game optimizer is available? ive checked my modem and it has game optimizer option available but the light is off. Is this available yet ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
29 REPLIES 29
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra game optimizer

If your modem is compatible you it will appear as an addon in Telstra My Account. Once you add game optimiser it gets enabled in the modem. At the moment it is only available for the Technicolor version of the Gen 2 modem (DJA0231). There is a firmware update that should make it available on the Arcadyan Modem (LH1000) sometime this month.

bob565

I am compatible but i dont see the option. My modem is CP2026RASHR and telstra told me its compatible 

cf4

CP2026RASHR is the serial number not model number. Have you found the other addons, example "Telstra Broadband Protect"? The addons are located near the bottom of your Bigpond service details page.

bob565

Yeah i have, and i still didnt see anything regards too game optimizer, where can i find model number possibly?

cf4

Have you tried the My Telstra app under Services > Bigpond > Extras?

bob565

I tried the app and went too services and it says “theres no too see here” 

cf4

Its still in beta and must be only available to a few people for testing. It is in My Telstra app with a free trial for beta testers.

bob565

When do you think it will be available ? 

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Around the 10th November it will be available for Arc.

cf4

CP2026RASHR is the serial number of a DJA0231 so it should be available now. The serial numbers of  LH1000 start with ARC.

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

@bob565 What speeds do you get from Telstra?

bob565

I get 107 down and 40 up

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Okay you should definitely have access then if you're on Technicolor. Message Dean: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/804409737 with your serial number and explain the issue and he should be able to get you sorted.

bob565

Okay i have sent message just no reply yet. I read on his page that on November 10 it will be available is this correct ? Or should i have it now 

bob565

I got a message from dean. I was told that that its maybe because “billing dispute or inquiry on an invoice - so our ordering system suppresses new orders until thats cleared” but i usually get payment extensions i never pay full amount 

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

I don't work for Telstra so I couldn't possibly comment/speculate on that, ask Dean what to do given that everything seems to be fine in that regard.

bob565

I mean i have and he told me that? i am not sure how too get it working for me 

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

@deanmanners are you able to help @bob565 ?

deanmanners
Telstra Products & Services Team

Hi @bob565, yes would be a matter of checking with our billing/accounts area via live chat (https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/account-billing/query) or 13 22 00 to see about clearing the account status.  Its not something we can override for Game Optimiser ordering.

Kind regards

bob565

What do i ask them exactly ?

bob565

Ive contacted them and they told me the only red flag they see is my payment Extension. And they also said everything else is fine, also before it did this anyways so i dont see it being that. Any other ways of me getting this sorted ?

deanmanners

@bob565 that you wish to place new orders on your account, but have been advised credit management status is preventing it, what is required to clear it.

bob565

I will ask that now

Nateb27
Level 1: Cadet

Hi does anybody know if game optimiser is available for velocity premium speed connections. I see it on my modem as well with the light off but it's not available for me to choose as an addon in my services 

deanmanners

Hi @Nateb27, currently Game Optimiser is available only to NBN access types, but we may support Velocity in the future.  If you like I can put you down to contact, if we get to do a testing program for it?

Nateb27
Level 1: Cadet

Yes please Dean that would be much appreciated Smiley Happy what do you need from me in regards to that ? 

bob565

Ive contacted and they told me its being looked at by the level 2 team, so no fix still 

bob565

i managed too get game optimizer too show up but when i toggle it on it tells me it will take an hour too be added too my modem but when i wait for that time limit it just toggles off and nothing happens 

Tory89
Level 2: Rookie

to work and was it worth it?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit