Emanneercs
Level 3: Gumshoe

Zoom not working with Game Optimizer enabled

Answered

Hi all. I thought I would post this as it may help someone with a similar problem to mine. We couldn't run Zoom or even access the Zoom website after getting the Game Optimizer option installed on our Telstra Gen2 DJA0231 modem.

The problem took a couple of months to appear after installing the Game Optimizer option.

The fix: Go into your modem and disable Qos when you don't need game optimizer running and Zoom works fine. When Qos is running Addblocker and Traffic Controller also run which could very well be causing the issue.

How To: After getting into your modem 192.168.0.1 (User:admin, PW:Telstra) select the Qos page option on the left. Then select the top left 'three little bar' symbol on the smaller Qos page (not the main page!) and check the box to disable Qos and save. You do not need to restart or reset the modem. It's as simple as that. Enable/disable Qos after that as required.

Telstra, if you are reading this you need to be aware of it as your helpdesk had no idea of the issue.

To infinity and beyond...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emanneercs
Accepted Solution

Re: Zoom not working with Game Optimizer enabled

Hi NdFraser,

The Adblocker is disabled, also disabled all rules in Traffic Controller, congestion control set to never, Traffic Prioritisation also disabled - still did not work.

The only fix for now is clicking the dropdown (3 lines) next to congestion control > and ticking the checkbox Disable QoS (Not Recommended).

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I have moved your post to Game optimizer board as this board is monitored by people who might be able to do something about the issue.

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

Thank you for the heads up, I'll have a member of our team try to reproduce this. I would hazard a guess that Adblocker could be causing it, if you disable that does it work?

Emanneercs
Accepted Solution

Hi NdFraser,

The Adblocker is disabled, also disabled all rules in Traffic Controller, congestion control set to never, Traffic Prioritisation also disabled - still did not work.

The only fix for now is clicking the dropdown (3 lines) next to congestion control > and ticking the checkbox Disable QoS (Not Recommended).

View solution in original post

NdFraser
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

@Emanneercs we haven't been able to reproduce this so far, could you let us know the firmware version you're on please?

Emanneercs

Firmware Number18.1.c.0585-MR7.1-RA

It's getting stuck on 'performing a TLS handshake'

Trying clearing your cache as the certificate could be stored their from a previously successful TLS handshake. 

NdLiam
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

OK great - thank you.

I've passed this information over and I'll let you know if we can reproduce it.

SteveDeDom
Level 1: Cadet

You are a star!

Much appreciated as I had the same problem.

Regards,

Steve

Emanneercs

You are welcome mate, it's actually reassuring to hear someone else experienced the problem. Glad to have helped you.

MC39

Thank you from myself too - disabling QOS brings Zoom back - whew! Surely this is a massive problem with people working from home?

shnewm

I tried disabling Qos but it didn't work. 

I have now suspended Game Optimiser via my modem settings and can get onto Zoom again. However, Game Optimiser is only suspended, not removed so I expect the problem to recur when Game Optimiser resumes. 

I have been on Telstra support for 3 days trying to get game optimiser removed from my modem, they tell me it has been deactivated, I try but still can't get into zoom, i go back to telstra, they tell me game optimiser has been deactivated, I still can't get into Zoom ... and on and on.  So now that I have manually suspended game optimiser via my modem admin (192.168.0.1/ ) I can get onto Zoom. At least I know it is the cause of the problem but I am no closer to a permanent solution. How do I get rid of game optimiser?  Telstra don't seem to be able to do it.  I don't want it.

Sorry if that was a bit ranty - very frustrated. 4 people working/schooling from home relying on hot spotted phones instead of the NBN internet we are paying for.

Any thoughts on how I can get game optimiser OFF my modem?

TIA

NdLiam
Game Optimiser Expert
Game Optimiser Expert

This is something we're working on! 

In the mean time, you could manually prioritise the ports Zoom uses in Traffic Prioritisation.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit