Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
MaddicksC
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Gamepass Ultimate not being auto-renewed.

I have an interaction number?

LauraBee
Support Team
Support Team

That's a bit odd, if you jump back into a message with the team they should be able to provide you with that reference number. If it has been escalated, it may be reassigned to a new case manager who will contact you directly to resolve the issue. 

- Laura

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Hazwald
Level 4: Private Eye

Good luck buddy - I’d suggest going to the TIO now as they have a queue to resolve too. Mine hasn’t been working for 6 weeks - apparently I have a case manager that everyone keeps telling me will call me but never does. 

Nic15

The message team advises to call the 132200 and then they send you a link to go online and send a message. I don't understand why there isn't a number to call or speak with someone who looks after entertainment and gaming or if there is one please advise.

Graye
Level 2: Rookie

I tried lodging a complaint with the TIO and they replied saying as the product isn't related to telecommunications or telecommunication services they can't help me.

"The TIO only look at equipment used to access a telecommunications service when it’s bundled with a service under 2.7b of Terms of Reference. An Xbox does not currently fall within a device used to access a telecommunications service. Because your complaint is about this issue, we cannot continue handling your complaint and we will not be taking this matter further. You may wish to raise this complaint with your State’s Fair Trading office"

Hazwald

They tried that with me too - I told them it is bundled in with an Internet service from Telstra on the same account and it billed under the line item Internet of things and They accepted it and lodged it.

Graye

Just wanted to give an update to everyone, my account has finally been fixed. I didn't get a call from Telstra/Microsoft but I just kept checking my 'What's included with this Xbox' option in the Settings menu and the 'Claim It' option had reappeared today. 

I think that Telstra/Microsoft are not using a system fix but rather doing it account by account. My advice to anyone with this issue is to make sure Telstra is aware your account is being affected by lodging a complaint (https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints/make-a-complaint), keep checking the settings on your Xbox for the 'Claim It' option to appear, and maybe reset your console intermittantly (others have reported this working for them).

Moraeulf
Level 3: Gumshoe

HI all,

Yes same on my account, one day it just appeared but no-one has contacted me to tell me that they have sorted it. Keep checking the claim it under the what's included.

I would agree raise a complaint for sure as the chat people are hopeless and I strongly suspect just try to get you off the chat to meet a KPI. A run around between chat and phone is my favorite where each directs you to the other, chat says call, call says chat! When you raise a complaint you get issued a tracking number that is useful. I escalated mine via the CEO's office webpage and got a call/number I could talk to direct although she never got back that it has been fixed either (but it is).

Graye

Got an official response from Telstra.

MaddicksC

Mine is also fixed guys, we will see for how long

Jd107

I had the same problem and ended up having to pay out of pocket for a new service and then take them to the telecommunications ombudsman to get them to credit me for all remaining months and for what has been missed

Damdam

Same issue

Going back and forth with Telstra and Xbox support.

Going nowhere.

Expired on the 22 of May, the kids are not happy.

roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Hey there Damdam. Please try resetting your console. You can do this with the "Reset and keep my games & apps", found in SETTINGS->SYSTEM->CONSOLE INFO->ResetConsole-> Reset & keep my games & apps. More information on console resets can be found at https://tel.st/ee9ygu  

If that doesn't fix it then ping us back and we'll get it escalated for you. - Glenn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

wezza79

Brilliant. So we have to nuke all our console config to maybe but not definitely fix Telstras incompetence. Awesome. 

@roshirina wrote:

Hey there Damdam. Please try resetting your console. You can do this with the "Reset and keep my games & apps", found in SETTINGS->SYSTEM->CONSOLE INFO->ResetConsole-> Reset & keep my games & apps. More information on console resets can be found at https://tel.st/ee9ygu  

If that doesn't fix it then ping us back and we'll get it escalated for you. - Glenn

Ell0078

Mine is still not working. I have lodged several complaints and wasted countless hours trying to sort this out

Veezy
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Ell0078, do you have any the reference numbers by any chance?

Josho2

this just happend to me have had the console with gamepass since january 25 been working fine. today i got 3 texts messages saying activate ultimate didnt think much of it. then came home have tried to download a game and yeah asking for me to pay for a subscription have been talking to the telstra team for the last 5 hours. My god hope it dosent take as long to fixed as some of the people have said on here.

Have done the restart that people have reccomended. no luck. has to be not renewed its way to close to the anniversary of the start date.

Josho2

I have put through a complaint has anyone here got eta on how long it took to be contacted and given any information.

Lostmort

Just done my complaint after get told to wait again... for those new to this issue go to 

https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints/make-a-complaint

Have requested the $15 a month credit and will pay for the subscription myself  

Josho2

Thats a good idea ill try the same

Hazwald

Good luck - mine was finally resolved but the customer experience is an absolute disgrace! They won’t talk to you or give you any idea of when it will be fixed, but it will be. People will offer to help and then disappear as quick as they appeared. Just pay for your own sub whilst it being fixed. I’d allow 2 months for them to work it out and when you get to the end of the contract just go back to paying Microsoft direct……at least you will have some level of control when things go wrong!

Josho2

So just got told by the tio that they can't help me as it's not bundled and they only deal with internet or landline basically handballing it. I'm beyond pissed. Telstea don't want to talk to me I have had zero contact ..

mackenziemay

the exact same issue has been happening to me, i haven't had it since may when i got an email saying sorry that your game pass didn't auto renew, heres a credit. Has not worked since, have spent the past few days on the app trying to get assistance. Last person i spoke to said i needed to go into my subscriptions, which didn't work. I then spoke to someone tonight who said I don't get it for free with my plan and that i have to pay for it. Despite numerous emails with the plan outlining that the subscription is included with the xbox series x all access plan. Most disgusting service, ill be making a complaint. 

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi mackenziemay, if you've been having ongoing problems with the subscription then we have a support team that can investigate. It sounds like the consultant who was advising about the Console settings was looking at the information we have about the subscription and should have been able to escalate the issue further. Our teams via the contact options at https://tel.st/c7jg9s can securely access your account to get this followed up.

Josho2

So it for fixed took roughly 2 months. My advice call xbox they have a few numbers you can call at telstra eventually you get onto billing they can at least credit ur account for the months you miss. Eventually a case manager got onto me ended up taking out my own game pass.

Make complaints every few days. 

Hope this helps 

Vdee

What a joke. I am with telstra and have the Xbox with the games pass. After 2 months it’s now saying cancelled. 

After being on chat then transferred to various teams in Telstra which they admitted they don’t know there own product line and what they offer, I am now left not knowing what to do or who to escalate this to. 

what a ridiculous service model!  How can your support teams No know how to support the products you offer? 

Can I please get help from someone in Telstra please

Josho2

Yeah I know its so frustrating i would keep escalating and make a complaint a few times eventually someone will ring you. Hang in there 

Nic0077

We are having the same issue. Stopped working two days ago and I’ve lost hours of my life talking to Telstra chat, phone and Microsoft for the last two day with multiple lost connections. Very unhappy 12 year old in the house!

Vdee

Telstra Support, you can see this in a know issue affecting multiple customers who are paying good money for a broken service. 

it’s should not be up to to the paying customers to do your job, by being told to call Xbox our selves ! This is Telstra’s issue. 

I will not be paying my bill till resolved and will lodge formal action with the ombudsman.

Nic0077

After 3 phone calls yesterday they have told me it will be resolved in 24/48 hours. Fingers crossed!

Vdee

🤞🤞 hopefully they get it fixed. I was told the same. 

Vdee

Telstra are you serious???? 

after days of going in circles this is your latest advice. your service team is a joke

1.To activate Game Pass Ultimate you will need to sign into your chosen Microsoft on your new console
2.Redeem
3.Select the "Claim It" Icon
Or- go to Account > Subscriptions
3.Your Xbox All Access subscription provides month-to-month access to Game Pass Ultimate, and will auto-renew every month you stay connected to Xbox All Access up to 24 months.

thank you for the advice telstra

JAGER48
Telstra Products & Services Team

Hi @Vdee & @Nic0077   How did you go with your complaint?  Your subscription is redeemed through the Xbox console itself, the steps above are about getting the device and Microsoft systems to callibrated.  It sounds like the issue surrounds the console and could be quite technical, there maybe other more technical fixes required, which is where Microsoft Support might be required at https://xbox.com/help

Hazwald

It’s sad to see this still happening - mine took 2 months to fix and that was back in April.

Firstly pay for a monthly sub direct with Microsoft whilst they sort it out (as it takes so long) and then get Telstra to credit you. Email Andy.penn@team.Telstra.com and you will get support from his office. Will still take time to fix but it cuts out the useless support from Telstra customer service which is non existent with this issue.

Hazwald

The issue isn’t technical, it’s Telstra’s broken billing. The service works for one to two months and then just stops. From what I was able to ascertain us, the laying customer, pays Telstra for the sub but then Telstra ‘forgets’ to onpay Microsoft so they cut you off. 

There is no technical issue, it is the simple fact that Telstra charges for a service and then screws it up in the back end. 

As per my previous response to another comment, it is appalling that this issue still exists and has done for probably close to 12 months, yet it continues to ruin the customer experience.

Yixian

Hi Angela, 

How can i pm you? my case number is 19502440

JAGER48

Hi @Hazwald, Will work with each person or the consultant they have spoken to understand and get them back gaming ASAP 🙂

Vdee

Hello, no resolution. 

keep getting new people when asking for an update and going through everything again and again and again. Surely you guys use a centralised ticketing system to see previous notes. 

xbox support Microsoft  confirmed the games pass was canceled . Still no answers from Telstra. Not sure why you can’t just issue me a new games pass or renew the one you canceled.

very frustrated with the level of support received 

JAGER48

Hi @Vdee Vdee,  Can you IM me your Serial number.  

Nic0077

We’ve just returned from a weekend away and it’s still not working after we were told 24/48 hours last Friday. I feel like no one has any idea what is going on!

roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Nic0077.  We've pm'd you to grab some more info and look into this further.

JAGER48

Hi,

I have IM'd you for further support.

Cheers

Morgan4

I am now being warned that my subscription ends in 10 days and to renew, this is the first time I have had such a message since launch when I first got the Xbox Series X package, is there a permanent fix for this yet ?

ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Morgan, if you need support with this, I'd recommend going through the link that Jay posted above. Use the keywords he mentions, and someone should be able to look into this for you.

- Ash

JAGER48

Hi Morgan,

Can you IM me your Serial number.  I have asked MS to follow up on this as we saw this come through already.  Nothing from our systems suggest original 24 month periods have changed, so we are working with them to understand if their is a known issue.

Cheers

! Gaming Support.

Travo85

Hi. I’m in the same situation as Morgan4.

Just had the warning that subscription ends in 10 days when im contracted up to December 8th 2022.

Could you please advise the best way to resolve this because I’m not inclined to spend months on the issue like others have had to do.
Thanks

Lombot

Hi I have had the same issue with my subscription and have logged a case with Telstra 20024474 please let me know if there is anything I can do to expedite this as my subscription is set to expire in a few days.

gjo

I am in the same situation with my Xbox game pass due to expire in 5 days. I am contracted until 7th November 2022. How do we get this fixed?

Travo85

It seems we have to contact them several times and hope it eventually goes through the right channels. I’ve contacted support and been told I would receive contact back (obviously this didn’t happen), I’ve tried on the Telstra Facebook page and also here. 

Judging by the experience of others in this thread we have to lodge formal complaints and hope it gets something happening.

gjo

Thanks for the reply appreciate it

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit