Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Router does not support IP fragmentation on PS4 Pro

Answered

Hey guys, I cannot play online games on my PS4 since yesterday as when i connect my PS4 to the internet, everything seems to be normal but it takes an unusually long time to find my NAT type which comes up as NAT type 2. It says that my router does not support IP fragmentation and to contact my router service. I have the Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2, serial: DJA0231. I have disabled band steering on the 2.4GHz wifi and it still shows my normal wifi and then the 5G option too. Both still say the same problem when i test the connection. Ive had this once before at night but it went back to normal the next morning. Does anyone know what the issue may be? i cant find anything else online and nothing i try seems to work Smiley Sad

JP
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Router does not support IP fragmentation on PS4 Pro

Sorry about that trying to type on train.

The modem is in backup mode. In backup mode be default modem only has an IPv6 internet address. This can be changed by changing PDP type in 4G backup settings to IPv4v6. See last few sentences of 4G backup section of document linked  in this post.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smartmodem-Gen-2-Technicolor-version-...

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Is the front left that on modem green or is it blue.

Highlighted

Did you mean the light on front of the modem? if so, it is blue.

JP
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Sorry about that trying to type on train.

The modem is in backup mode. In backup mode be default modem only has an IPv6 internet address. This can be changed by changing PDP type in 4G backup settings to IPv4v6. See last few sentences of 4G backup section of document linked  in this post.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smartmodem-Gen-2-Technicolor-version-...

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thats okay! I've had no help so far so your response is a breath of fresh air. I see now that it says the IPv4v6 is disconnected!

Ive found the document that was attached to the link you attached and I've created a new profile and added in the IPv4v6, must I do anything else now?

Should i also enable Band Steering again?

I appreciate your help ever so much! Smiley Happy 

JP
Highlighted

Sorry for the ask of help again :/ 

In the modem settings, it has a yellow dot next to DHCP and just says connecting. It also says connected in the Mobile settings which the document explained it was still in back up mode. Is there a particular reason for this?

JP

@KaosS wrote:

Thats okay! I've had no help so far so your response is a breath of fresh air. I see now that it says the IPv4v6 is disconnected!

Ive found the document that was attached to the link you attached and I've created a new profile and added in the IPv4v6, must I do anything else now?

Should i also enable Band Steering again?

I appreciate your help ever so much! Smiley Happy 

Once you have added the profile go to the Config Tab and select the new created profile and save settings. The WiFi mode light on back of modem should turn off and a few seconds later turn back on. The modem should now have both an IPv4 and IPv6 address on the Internet. You might have to disconnect and reconnect PS4 for changes to take effect. 

Highlighted

Where are you seeing the yellow dot next to DHCP saying connecting.

The reason the modem is still in backup mode is because there is a fault on the main link. You will have to contact Telstra support to have cause of fault investigated and fixed.

Highlighted

I am seeing it in the advanced settings within the modem settings. Specifically the "Internet Access" box left of the "Mobile" box. 

Thankyou! i am on the phone with someone from telstra now and hope to get it fixed. Thankyou for all your help!!

JP

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit