canteloupe
Level 2: Rookie

Xbox Series X ETA

Answered

Hi, I placed an order for an Xbox Series X at the start of July. The email I was sent after the order went through said the delivery date would be the 9th of July, which I thought a bit far-fetched, as I was told by the sales person the ETA was more like mid-August.

I've since contacted Telstra to try and get an updated ETA, but they couldn't tell me anything at all. The order tracker says nothing, so I'm wondering how we're meant to keep track of our orders. Is it just a case of waiting for an email? Does anyone know when stock is expected?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox Series X ETA

Nobody in Australia has stock.

The way it works is that you place an order and then Telstra places the order with Microsoft who then dispatch the required number to Telstra. Unfortunately there is a massive components shortage globally, so manufacturing has been severely impacted and therefore there is nothing for Microsoft to ship.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
27 REPLIES 27
Jupiter

It's a case of waiting. It is unlikely that you will get an update to the estimated delivery date until shipments are received. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SaiyanGoku

Have you been able to get any info? I am in the same position. Telstra says they have no idea when i messaged them

Jupiter

Even Microsoft Australia has no idea when stock will be arriving in Australia.

I don't believe that any reseller has any stock at the moment.

SaiyanGoku

Hello Jupiter, thankyou for your reply. What is your source for this information? Do you work at microsoft Australia?

Jupiter

No. I asked their customer support.

zzmickzz
Level 1: Cadet

EB Games got an order a week or so ago so maybe soon?

CommanderKeen

I'm in the same boat.

Ordered on 11th Aug. It would be good to know if it will be next week, next month or... next year!?

gamer5

hi all i ordered my through live chat on the 21st of Aug  i did speak to live chat and the only update they have is it will be at least 2 to 3 week wait other than that i did speak to a consultant yesterday and they said they have a shipment coming after next week on the way to them but it could be wrong information who knows 

gamer5

SaiyanGoku

I got told the same thing through live chat but after i questioned further, the "agent" admitted that they had no idea when it would come. So they were basically lying. I hope your agent was right about a shipment soon but i got told that ages ago and still no update

gamer5

they gave me a case number thats how i found out

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hi guys! We totally appreciate that waiting can be frustrating, especially when specific answers are scarce and there's such uncertainty on timeframes. I can tell you that we only have access to stock projections about 4 weeks in advance- projections, not guarantees-  and rarely do we have exact shipment arrival dates to offer until they are pretty much in our hands.

At present we have stock of the Series S ready to go, we have no projections available within the upcoming 4 weeks for arrival of Series X stock.

We'd love to be able to give you more solid info but as things are often quite fluid it's usually not possible to provide a guarantee in this regard. 

Approved applications on backorder will be filled as quickly as possible once we receive new shipments, and will be prioritised over new orders. We're not able to tell you where exactly your individual order sits in the queue but you can be sure we want to get you your items as soon as we can, and you'll be notified individually when we process yours and when to expect delivery 🙂

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ClubRock

How did you go with your xbox, are you still waiting? I ordered mine in August and have no idea when I'll get it.

Snowcold

Can you please update us on the stock projections once again? Ta

SaiyanGoku

Still waiting. Still no info provided. Just the weekly email that says im in the queue with no idea of how many people are in the queue.

Pistol720

Hi Casa-Ra,

We placed an order on Saturday and received the confirmation email, which says it should arrive within  7 days.

Can you please confirm if this is accurate?

There appear to be a lot of customers who are experiencing very long delays in receiving their orders, yet when we placed the order there was no mention that the item was out of stock and would not be supplied for many weeks.

Please advise?

Snowcold

Telstra is doing a good job of misleading it's customers. Their documentations claim that they have plenty of stock. Things change immediately after you place your order. According to my order status, I was supposed to get mine on 07/09. Still waiting...

Pistol720

This is what is still current on your website!

https://www.telstra.com.au/entertainment/gaming/xbox-series-x

"Your estimated console dispatch date is included in your order confirmation. Our standard shipping times are 1-5 days nationally from dispatch, however COVID-19 impacts are causing delays on some orders. Your order should arrive within 10 days if you’re in a metro location. Regional orders may take longer. We’re doing everything we can to get your order to you quickly."

SaiyanGoku

Yep, thats what it said when i ordered.

It's a blatant lie. They obviously have no stock and no plans or transparency on when / if they plan on getting more. They clearly do not care about their xbox customers. They dont even have the decency to say how big the queue even is. Poor form Telstra.

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Nobody in Australia has stock.

The way it works is that you place an order and then Telstra places the order with Microsoft who then dispatch the required number to Telstra. Unfortunately there is a massive components shortage globally, so manufacturing has been severely impacted and therefore there is nothing for Microsoft to ship.

View solution in original post

SaiyanGoku

Yeah mate. I absolutely agree.

My point is, there is no excuse for Telstra advertising short shipment times when you go to order even though they know it is actually very unlikely in the current climate.

Also, it is very shady that they refuse to say how far back in the queue your oder is. Seems like they are trying to hide the large backlog so they can secure more pre-orders.

Jupiter

I agree, they should be stating that they are being backordered.

But I don't think that their system is capable of giving a queue position.

ACroker
Support Team
Support Team

Jupiter is correct here, the orders do get placed with Microsoft when you place the order through us, but the system is limited in what it can show. If you need assistance with tracking an order please get in touch with us at the social channels, through the chat function or over the phone on 132200. A lot of the orders will show as "provisioning" which means we are waiting on the product to be restocked before it can be sent out. If that's the case, you will receive a notification once the order is on it's way.

- Ash

Pistol720

UPDATE: StarTrack tracking received today for delivery tomorrow. Will advise if it actually arrives. 

Pistol720

Confirming the series X arrived today, 6 days after ordering! 

SaiyanGoku

Telstra, why is someone getting their xbox less than a week after ordering when others are still waiting for ages?

elliot5

Mine arrived on Friday 24th September - ordered it on July 31.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit