gothioso
Level 2: Rookie

xbox series x order

I ordered at 807 this morning and got a confirmation email with a reference no which is not valid on the Telstra tracker, even on the phone and via Telstra chat they cant find the order no, so it seems I am not getting any xbox series x, very stressed out and unhappy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
HotRocksPolka
Level 1: Cadet

Re: xbox series x order

I had the same issue, I pre-ordered and got an order ID that isn't valid and it doesn't show up as a current or past order on my account. The Telstra chat guy said that it may take up to 24 hours to show up in the system. I'm going to wait 24 hours before I contact them again, I guess you should do the same. I really hope it's a valid preorder and I don't have to try again and get stuck with a fourth wave shipment or something that I have to wait until next year to get

ECSL
Telstra Products & Services Team
Telstra Products & Services Team

Hi there, 

The email which you've received yesterday is to confirm that we've received your order. 

You will received another email with order reference number. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines.

Crowded_House72

I’m yet to receive my confirmation email for my order and I completed the checkout at 8:04 so I’m assuming I’m in wave 1. This is poor form by Telstra as there’s no way to tell whether my pre order has worked or is even in place!

SammyLK

Some time has no passed - is your order number showing up in the system yet? 

Mine hasn’t yet so I’m getting quite worried... I wonder if this is just how they’re processing the orders at the moment - you receive two confirmation emails and maybe it doesn’t show up in the app until dispatch date? 

Futur3Boy

I was in the same boat for a while. No email received for a couple of days - until I checked my ALTERNATE email address and saw that I actually received the confirmation email about 2 hours after my order went through. Have you got a backup email registered with Telstra? Have you tried looking in that one?

SammyLK

I received a second confirmation email on Friday which looked more “official”. 

But the order still doesn’t show up as valid / in the app. 

I think it’s because it’s not ready to be shipped but I *think* they will give us a new order number closer to dispatch date. Here’s to hoping that’s the case... 

Futur3Boy

I've had some issues with the order number given to me in the confirmation email too. I found that if i went to the order tracker site using chrome on PC (while not logged in with Telstra ID) and punched in the order number, I could see an Order Status "pending" and the correct date the order was created. I wouldn't expect the status to change until after the dispatch date (currently 9th Nov).

If i tried to log in through the "Find your order by signing in", the site (on a PC) would get stuck in an endless loop of reloading the page. Is this what's happening with you?

Strangely enough, I can log into chrome on my iphone and log in with my Telstra ID to view orders tied to my ID and it's listed there just fine!

I got the reassurance that the order is at least tied to my Telstra ID. 

When you said the order doesn't show up as valid 'in the app' - do you mean the My Telstra app? I couldn't find where i could view my orders there at all. I'd love to be able to if possible.

SammyLK

Oh this is disheartening for me. 

I’ve tried searching for my order through chrome as well and it says “invalid order number”. When I sign in there also nothing. I’m glad yours is showing up finally though! 

And Yes! The Telstra App - if you go to 

Help > Scroll down a bit and to “Track My Orders” 

it shows all currently pending & completed. 

Futur3Boy

Thanks for the tip! My daily routine of checking is now much faster.

For your issue, does your tracking number start with #IOG?

If so, you may be interested in this thread:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/gaming-xbox-all-access/xbox-series-x-preorder-lost/m-p/899451...

I'm invested in your plight now. Good luck and fingers crossed!

SammyLK

So! 
My Telstra app now shows my order - very vaguely in there with no other details other than “processing”. 

I also received a call to confirm I was still getting my Xbox and now have received two emails reminding me that my order is still in the system and on its way.

Hope you, and everyone else affected, managed to get some glimpse of hope for a light at the end of the tunnel like I did.

Hertzog

Hi ECSL

Its been over a week and I still have not received any order reference number

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit