Arkhon
Level 2: Rookie

Xbox Series X Preorder lost?

Hi, I placed an order on Tuesday for the All Access Xbox Series X, and when I got the confirmation email, it was showing an old address on the order I have not lived at for several years, which is not showing in Telstra 24x7. (I don't know how or why they still have this address)

I have tried contacting Telstra via chat to correct this, but no-one can find the order. Despite having an order confirmation number and email, it apparently does not exist. The order number starts with #IOG which I have never seen in an order before, its usually "1-" or "SBS" or something.

Chat have been no help, in fact they seem to have placed a second order due to arrive with Wave 2 in December, and then told me "you know it's first come first serve" Excuse me?  I have the email from 8:03 on the morning of the 22nd saying I have an order for wave 1. I was here on time.

I've also tried going into a store, but they say they can't help because the online orders are in a different system, and it has to be resolved by the online team. The same online team that can't find the order. Smiley Frustrated

All I want is official confirmation that the Wave 1 order exists, and to correct the address that shouldn't even be in your system anymore. Can I please get some help?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
45 REPLIES 45
VeeH
Telstra Products & Services Team

Re: Xbox Series X Preorder lost?

Hi Arkon, 

I have sent you a message about this issue. 

Can you please respond? 

Thanks. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines.

NathanAU77

Hi,

I have the exact same issue!  What do i to check my pre-order delivery address is correct?

VelocitySucks
Level 1: Cadet

My 22/9 day 1 Wave 1 order didn’t even materialise 😆 phone call into thin air...

Undertale
Level 4: Private Eye

I think my order has the same issue - I got the #IOGXXXXXX order number on email but my account shows NO order and tracking says "no order".

Arkhon

This saga is still occurring a week later. The task of correcting an address is apparently too much. The original order with the IOG order number still has not turned into a real order that anyone can find in any system.

Daily contacts to chat routinely end in the agent "going to check details" and then never returning, or sending through the details for the second order I didn't ask for.

Support via Twitter has tried to help, but there is only so much they can do.

There is a complaints case manager involved now too, but they have not responded with anything meaningful beyond an ID check, or even responded at all in over 24 hours.  I'm left trying to work out if all this fits into a TIO complaint category, probably not, as its not a phone or internet service but what options are left?

Undertale

What a mess. How the hell does the system generate an order number that no one at Telstra recognises?? 

StaceyL1
Support Team
Support Team

Hi there Arkhon.

I understand you've had a less than ideal experience with the messaging team, though they are best placed to locate this one and change those address details. It might be worth mentioning to them that it's an online order, this might help them locate the original order. 

From my experience, this IOG order reference is specific to this type of online order, which is why it would look different to others you've seen before. I can see you've mentioned you've tried reaching out to us on Twitter. I've sent you a private message here on CrowdSupport to see if I can help get the ball rolling for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Undertale

Hi Stacey,

There seem to be a lot of Telstra customers having issues with the Xbox Series X All Access pre-orders not showing on their accounts, and the order numbers showing as invalid by Telstra's Order tracking. It would be helpful if someone from Telstra was in here helping customers get some clarity on what is going on with this, because it's concerning to not have any evidence of an order that you have placed.

zac-butler

I pre-orderd last week 8:15am. Wrong address. Put another order in with right address. Fast forward to Monday, telstra Melbourne calls, asks which order and address id like to keep so i confirmed. Still no - 1 order number or any emails apart from the Confirmation last week. Can somebody look into this??

Renee
Level 21: Augmented

Hi Undertale and Zac,

I can certainly sppreciate the concern in not yet receiving confirmation of your orders and it's certainly something that we need to look into, given it is affecting a number of customers. I have reached out to my management team to find out what more we can do to provide assistance with Xbox orders.

zac-butler

Hi, thankyou hoping we get some concrete confirmation with order numbers so we know that we are getting our consoles. 

zac-butler

Any news on this?

Arkhon

An update for anyone else who's wanting to know what to do with their IOG numbers.

It's not great news so far. Still nothing, no-one can find it. All received updates and contact have been regarding the second Wave 2 order they placed, which I didn't ask for. I've been told "it's been fixed" but when asking for proof, they just send through the information for the Wave 2 order again.

The original order beginning with IOG from the morning of 22/09 is still not showing in my pending orders, and still cannot be found by anyone.

I have a case manager assigned, but all they're giving me is the information for the second order. In fact, the last update from them was that they need to refer it to another case manager, who will place another order. So that'll make 3 orders total.

I don't understand how we got here, and how it seems not a single person at Telstra can see this order. Someone must have access to whatever system is holding old addresses and generating IOG order numbers.

Undertale

I wonder if we'll ever hear any kind of response from Renee or other Telstra mods after they promise to follow up with their managers? It's not their fault, but it's abysmal that so many paying customers have been left in the dark with this pre-order situation and that Telstra's customer support (online/phone) is so incompetent that they can't find our #IOG order numbers in their system. What sort of confidence are we meant to have that Telstra will honour our pre-orders when our accounts don't even acknowledge they exist? 

DrKrac

Hi Renee

I would like to add my name to the list of people with an #IOGXXXXXXX pre-order for an Xbox Series X All Access bundle. Would appreciate any feedback on whether we should be seeing this in My Orders section of Telstra.com.

westy5443

Hi Renee,

You can add another person to the list, I also am experiencing the same issue with my xbox x pre-order. 

Can we please get a response asap?

Thanks 

Kelardrac

@DrKrac wrote:

Hi Renee

I would like to add my name to the list of people with an #IOGXXXXXXX pre-order for an Xbox Series X All Access bundle. Would appreciate any feedback on whether we should be seeing this in My Orders section of Telstra.com.

satan72

Im also having this issue with order tracking and the #IOG order not showing on my telstra account. My only reassurance is that I continue to receive emails about the order from somewhere in the darkest recesses of the Telstra Orders department; firstly about being moved to wave one, and one today giving me details on how to track my order (which doesn't work).

satan72

Follow up. Message from Telstra MyTelstra Messaging

"Hey There, I have had a look into this order. It is currently sitting with our online order team, once the order has been processed you will be able to view the services on your account"

Which I interpret to mean that when they are ready to ship it will appear on my account. 

I think Telstra is too big a corperation and they need to integrate the departments more. Similar theme of departments not talking to each other is when you go on a 24 month plan and have another telstra team ringing you wanting to save you money by going on a cheaper plan but then checking their computer to find that you cant (because you would have to pay out old plan), wasting everyones time.

Reecetafarian

Hello. I am also having this same issue. I placed an order yesterday for wave 2 pre-orders of Xbox series X all access and received a confirmation email. The email contains an #IOG order number but there is no order present on my account.

MammaB
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Reecetafarian, we have some help on hand if you go to https://tel.st/eepm5

Undertale

Hi MammaB, there's nothing at that FAQ you linked that even remotely addresses the problem - it's mostly just an FAQ for people considering buying the package. Reecetafarian and others like myself have already pre-ordered and we've clearly stated that the orders aren't showing on our accounts and the order number given does not register with the Telstra system. 

It's pretty frustrating to see so many threads on this problem and no one at Telstra has an understanding of the issue. 

Arkhon

Bad news everyone who's watching with this same issue.

Over a month since placing the preorder and all this is still not resolved. Escalations have lead nowhere, I've had vague assurances that its all fixed, but I've started to receive emails reminding me of my order and they're all still wrong.

Email update regarding original Wave 1 order with the IOG number, placed by me, still says going to the wrong address, still cannot be found by anyone, still does not show in my pending orders.

Email update regarding second order, (unwanted, placed by customer support) Wave 2, going to the correct address. '1-' style order number, was checked in-store who said it showed a delivery date of November 10. Except its in Wave 2, and this email says December 10th. So that's entirely unclear.

Customer support and the escalation contact all gave up with nothing resolved. As it stands right now, I have to hope the delivery driver does the proper ID checks and rejects the delivery to my old address, or I can go and hang out at my old apartment complex on the 10th and intercept any driver that turns up, which is a totally cool and normal thing to do. Smiley Mad

Then waiting for the fallout when Telstra eventually ends up delivering two All Access bundles and tries to charge me for both....

VeeH

Hi Arkhon, 

I have messaged you directly. If you can please respond. 

Thanks. 

TFacter

Telstra sent me my xbox preorder... I just received an Xbox one X..

Furious

Undertale

What the hell?? 

Buckle up folks. This is going to be a **bleep** show...

Daviddd

Are you f***ing serious? Wow...

I'm having the same problems as everyone else. Can't see the order on my profile and the tracking number shows nothing. I messaged Telstra and they confirmed my order number is correct and that the Xbox has left their warehouse. If I end up with a One X...🤦‍♂️

Daviddd

Someone please tell me how this is the solution to the issue. It isn't. 

Iancranium

Hey, if you look around that initial order referance number in email starting with IOG doesn't track. They actually say in their FAQ that number can't be tracked. However... If you get the app or log into your account online and look up orders you have placed you will find ANOTHER order number starting with 1- xxxxxxxxxxxx (10 digits) from the initial order creation. Put that into Startrack and you will see your order appear Smiley Happy 

Daviddd

Thank you so much! You have solved the issue that no one from Telstra could. I was wondering what that random order was. The dates don't match any order I've placed. Startrack says my delivery is arriving tomorrow. Thanks again!

satan72

@Daviddd wrote:

Someone please tell me how this is the solution to the issue. It isn't. 

First of all Daviddd I didnt mark that as the answer, the OP did. Second of all your problems still wont be over when you receive your xbox (I got mine today), it still hasnt been added to my account so I cant access the games pass. Have fun Smiley Happy

tjw101

Hi @satan72, that's unfortunate. I will reach out separately for some details to help you with the activation of game pass. 

satan72

All good now thanks, it must have just taken a while for the confirmation that the delivery had occured and for that to filter through to my microsoft account. I am a bit confused however if the xbox payments will be added automatically to my Telstra account along with my mobile or if thats something i'll have to do manually with the add account feature.

_0_

Seems this issue is still ongoing. Went into the telstra shop today to get an update, original order placed 5 weeks ago, and was informed that the order has not even been processed in their system. Online order system stated that we would be in the 2nd wave however it looks like that has now been missed as telstra has not processed the order apparently. The guy in the telstra shop was extremely rude, when asked why he could not assist in an update of the order, he spat - 'does it look like I'm sitting in the store or part of the online team?' Taken aback by the abrupt rudeness I asked what he meant, he angrily stated that he is not part of the online team so obviously could not provide an update. Informed him that if he was going to continue to be so rude I would take my business elsewhere. He then had another spat and said 'fine I'll delete all your accounts then, is that what you want'. I have never received such appalling customer service in my life.

VeeH

Hi _0_, 

I've sent you a private message. If you can please respond there. 

Ren12345

Hi I got a IOG######## when I ordered on the 7/11/20 and a then a email on 12/11/20 saying congratulations on my order but nothing else in concerned my order has also been lost

Sweenus

Having the exact same issue as Arkhon here. Have been waiting many months for a resolution, have a complaints officer involved, and have opened several customer support chats for assistance, all of whom say they are fetching more details and then never respond - rinse and repeat.

I have it in email writing that my order with the incorrect address is cancelled and that my second order with the correct address is active, however my upcoming bill has a charge for the deleted order on it, and my well overdue xbox from the second order is still nowhere to be seen, with no obtainable ETA from the support team. This is quite honestly the most infuriating customer experience I've ever had in my life, and I'm saying that as someone who works in the customer success field.

Is there anything you can do to help me? I'd really rather not have to take things up with fair trading.

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks, Sweenus. Do you have that complaint reference number handy? I'd like to take a closer look.

Sweenus

Appreciate the prompt response, Matty. The complaint number is # 02514354

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

No problem. I've emailed your case manager and his team leader, requesting you be contacted with an update, as a priority.

Please let us know the outcome of that discussion; I'd like to see this appropriately addressed. - Matthew. 

Sweenus

Really appreciate your help with this, Matty - I'll be sure to reply here with any updates in my case. Thank you!

Sweenus

Hi Matty, just looking to follow this up.

I've still not heard from my case manager, and have tried to contact him on his phone number a few times over the past few weeks to no avail. I had a support agent extend my Telstra bill with the incorrect charges until February, but we're quickly approaching the end of this extension.

I've also today received an automated email from Telstra claiming that they've cancelled the order (One that never should have commenced to begin with), and that I'll have to pay off the remainder of: $673.70...... for a console I do not have.
Generic quote from the email: "If you cancelled within the first 24 months of your Xbox All Access subscription, you will need to pay out the remainder of your console as a once-off payment on your next bill.​"

Given that the issue is not being resolved in anything close to a timely manner, is it possible to be allocated a new case manager? Presumably my current one is still on holidays.

Matsuda
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us Sweenus.

Definitely not good to read you haven't been contacted yet and that this is still ongoing. I can confirm MattyC sent through a request for this to be addressed but it doesn't look like we got a response.

I've contacted our complaints team requesting this be reassigned and addressed as soon as possible. I've done what I can to give as much info to ensure the new case manager can address this swiftly.

Please keep us in the loop when you're contacted, we'd like to know this is being handled with care. 

- Matty

Sweenus

Thanks, Matty - that's much appreciated. I'll be sure to keep you in the loop.

Matsuda
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

No worries! Hoping you can still have a good rest of your week, all things considered.

- Matty

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit