realgrid
Level 2: Rookie

Bluetooth

Answered

No matter what I try I find that my new Pixel 2 XL will not pair and connect with my standard issue radio in my 2015 Toyota Corolla. My old Microsoft Windowsphone  had no problem, and when I recently tried my sons iPhone 7 I connected it in less than a minute. But no luck with my new Pixel 2. Any known issues anyone? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Bluetooth

Yes, it is a known issue with both the Pixel and Pixel 2 phones. For some reason they don't like car audio units.
Try the steps suggested in this article to see if you can get connected.

https://www.technobezz.com/fix-google-pixel-bluetooth-problems/
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Yes, it is a known issue with both the Pixel and Pixel 2 phones. For some reason they don't like car audio units.
Try the steps suggested in this article to see if you can get connected.

https://www.technobezz.com/fix-google-pixel-bluetooth-problems/
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

willy3631
Level 3: Gumshoe

Good luck if you get a s9+,paired with car but only music,will not pair with numbers,i say ring home get music
Bilby63
Jupiter

Try saying "call" instead of "ring".
Nerrkolas
Level 1: Cadet

I hate my Pixel. Wont play music, wont connect to wifi, battery dies all the time, blue tooth doesn't work with any of my devices, google mini home is a moron. I thought being a google phone that it would work well with GSuite but no the iphone was MUCH better. As for the whole work profile business - JUST STOP IT ALREADY. I am the CEO, I own the phone, I OWN the business = I have every right to download apps, make changes to MY phone. But no... computer says no. **bleep** Telstra.

I HATE F%$#%^G Telstra
willy3631

Mine is a 2010 aurion,can support 6 mobiles. I have no idea the prob, just go through the manual,took me days to pair my phone-car,might be a toyota prob.sorry could not help
Bilby63
willy3631

My advice, trying to much at once. Pixel were not made to pair with most cars.
Bilby63
willy3631

Finally paired,took two hrs
Bilby63
willy3631

You have to go Android
Bilby63
Adictd2grow
Level 1: Cadet

Also your Toyota corolla audio system may also need an software upgrade, ask your local Toyota dealer

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit