mac_bridie
Level 2: Rookie

Google Pixel 2 XL battery draining

Answered
Is anyone else having a their battery drain really quickly after doing the Android 9 update ? I don't have any new apps or anything new about my phone but the battery is only lasting 3/4 of the day since the update. Any ideas ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Google Pixel 2 XL battery draining

Hey mac_bridie, welcome to CrowdSupport.

I have the same phone, and it hasn't missed a beat. If anything I think the battery life has been better since the update. If you got Settings -> Battery -> Three Dots (top right) -> Battery Usage you'll see a breakdown of what apps etc. have been consuming power. Take a look and see if anything unusual appears there.

I saw this kind of thing very occasionally when I worked as a Tech Bar consultant in a Telstra Store, and the only fix I found that was more than a band aid was a factory reset but perform the above check first to see if that can be avoided.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hey mac_bridie, welcome to CrowdSupport.

I have the same phone, and it hasn't missed a beat. If anything I think the battery life has been better since the update. If you got Settings -> Battery -> Three Dots (top right) -> Battery Usage you'll see a breakdown of what apps etc. have been consuming power. Take a look and see if anything unusual appears there.

I saw this kind of thing very occasionally when I worked as a Tech Bar consultant in a Telstra Store, and the only fix I found that was more than a band aid was a factory reset but perform the above check first to see if that can be avoided.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

AdrianG001
Level 1: Cadet

Some Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL owners seem to have run into a serious rapid battery drain problem recently, but the cause is unclear. Battery drain may be linked to the recent software update from Google itself. It looks as though Google Play Services may be the culprit and Google is collecting bug reports to further investigate.

Regards,

Adrian Gates

Developer

mac_bridie

Thanks Dan. I will give that a go and see how I get on. Thanks so much 👍
mac_bridie

Thanks Adrian. I wonder how long it might take to resolve ? I've read lots have had the issue which is a shame as it's an awesome phone otherwise.
Yufeng98

设备升级了 是比较吃电的 但是系统会更方便了 telstar 是最棒的
Frog

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit