Asmerith
Level 1: Cadet

Google Pixel 5 Dual Sim?

Answered

The standard retail Google Pixel 5 is dual SIM with a SIM card and eSIM however I was speaking to a person on Telstra Live Chat about pre-ordering the phone and they told me that Telstra will be selling only a single SIM version of the phone. Is that true?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Google Pixel 5 Dual Sim?

The Pixel 4 came with a single sim slot, but also had ability for an eSIM.

This snip from https://www.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_5_full_specs_leak-news-45417.php

indicates the 5 the same. I pre-ordered one this one this morning from another provider (long story to do with billing confusion and inability to talk to anyone with knowledge of the product at Telstra) and was advised that yes it had a SIM slot and eSIM capability, with dual sim operation (dual standby).

Much as i would have expected.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

The Pixel 4 came with a single sim slot, but also had ability for an eSIM.

This snip from https://www.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_5_full_specs_leak-news-45417.php

indicates the 5 the same. I pre-ordered one this one this morning from another provider (long story to do with billing confusion and inability to talk to anyone with knowledge of the product at Telstra) and was advised that yes it had a SIM slot and eSIM capability, with dual sim operation (dual standby).

Much as i would have expected.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

View solution in original post

Bradley_37

@Asmerith wrote:

The standard retail Google Pixel 5 is dual SIM with a SIM card and eSIM however I was speaking to a person on Telstra Live Chat about pre-ordering the phone and they told me that Telstra will be selling only a single SIM version of the phone. Is that true?

There are a dual-camera setup and a fingerprint on the back.

Thomas_Jose

Thanks for the information doing a great job keep it up ,

keep sharing such post 

@Asmerith wrote:

The standard retail Google Pixel 5 is dual SIM with a SIM card and eSIM however FaceTime App was speaking to a person on Telstra Live Chat about pre-ordering the phone and they told me that Telstra will be selling only a single SIM version of the phone. Is that true?

SteveW_52

Dual SIM and dual cameras are two very different things..  the original poster was talking about the the dual (two) SIM capability.

Stevo 52
nickpiro0
Level 2: Rookie

The Pixel 5 has dual sim capability but you will need to have one eSIM and one normal SIM Card to be able to use this feature. 

SteveW_52

I have that setup and it works, but of course you can't use 5G in that configuration, just 4G.  Swings and roundabouts I guess - I don't have 5G anywhere close anyway. Smiley Happy

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit